No announcement yet.

Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined a while ago haven't really set up a profile page yet (its on my list of things to do) stephen fagan is the name

Comment

Added - James Hodkin

Comment

I have a facebook question someone might be able to help me with. There's a feature on facebook I am less than comfortable with and I'm wondering if there is a way of blocking it. Basically, if I am tagged in someone elses photo, anyone on my friends list can view that photo even if they are not friends with those who took the photo.

If you know what I mean.

I don't want people seeing photos of me second-hand because, when it comes to things like family events and so on, it's more personal than I'm comfortable with. Looking at the settings, I can't see anything that tackles that specifically. Anyone know if there's any way of blocking that feature?

Comment

You can untag yourself (look at the photo and at the bottom where people are tagged, next to your name there should be a "Remove photo" option or something similar) but as far as I know, you can't really opt out from people tagging you in their photos.

I'll have a look through the settings and see if I can find anything.

Comment

I think there is a setting where you can restrict albums to friends only but I think most people have this down as everyone or friends of friends. So basically, I think it's down to the person creating the album rather than you.

Untagging is the way forward I think.

Comment

Settings>Privacy>Profile

Also you may want to change this:
              Settings>Privacy>News Feed and Wall>Click on “Facebook Ads”>In the “Appearance in Facebook Ads” box, click “no one” (unless, of course, you actually want your pics in the hot singles adds)

Comment

Hey, there it is! Thanks, Katsujinken. Bizarrely, the privacy settings page exactly where I was before I made the post. Not quite sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah thanks, I've changed a load of settings now too.

Comment

Face.....book? Never heard of it

Comment

I got rid of the app as soon as it became several difference icons - main app, take/upload photo, messenger, etc. Forget that nonsense.

Comment

I hadn't been on my Facebook for ages and when I went to check it remembered why. It was fun and interesting for a few years but it's really tired now, everyone on there I'm bothered with I see, couldn't care less about everyone else so no need to use it. Photobucket copes with the photo's and video handling side of things for me. It's like it just caters for peoples most banal thoughts now, was so tempted to shut my account and be done with it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X