No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came back from the old docs, i have a perforated ear drum wooo, still at least i can feign ignorance when teh missus asks me to do the washing up

Comment

Got what feels like half a cold. Horrible throat and a bit sniffy but no cough etc, no other symptoms.

Basts.

Comment

My back aches. So does the top of my right hip.

Comment

Getting over my cold but I've been having issues with bleeding noses. Nothing quite like waking up with you and your sheets soaked in blood.

Keeps bleeding on and off too. If it doesn't clear up soon, I'll have to see a doctor.

Comment

I had an operation to remove an abscess that I'd had inside my back on Tuesday after suffering with it for about 8 months.

It's a lovely procedure where they remove all the flesh from that area and leave the wound open to heal. I've essentially got a hole in my back that's 5 inches across and nearly an inch deep which gets padded each day by a nurse.

I'm yet to see it but I'm going to see if I can get the nurse to take a photo today but apparently it looks like blood soaked meat and the response of the first nurse to treat it was "Christ almighty" when she saw it.

I may be off work for weeks which would normally be a nice thing but I'd happily go back today in exchange for getting rid of this.

I've got a couple of types of pain killers but I feel really doped up on them so I'm avoiding them as much as I can. It hurts but I think I've been lucky with it as the nurse yesterday said that she couldn't believe I wasn't screaming wen she was treating me but it just didn't hurt that badly.

I'm worrying that it may get more painful as it starts to heal though as I'd imagine at the moment it's easy enough to remove the dressing due to it being so moist.

Although I do appreciate their concern the current trend of people asking me if my back is sore today makes no bloody sense!!

I'd ordered some films & games in preparation for what I'm told could be between 3 and 5 weeks off work so it's been nice that I've had things to do. I watched The Thin Red Line on blu-ray last night and I was mocking some of their injuries. "You call that a wound? What are you, a child? I had bigger wounds when they were removing plasters from my arms son. Every one of you getup right now...apart from you who no longer has any legs, you just lie there if you want!"

Also, feckin' day-time TV, I don't understand any of it. I may kill the person who uses the word moreish, it's not a real word! Just because you want more of something does not mean it's correct to add an ish on the end and call it moreish. It's ****ish!!

Luckily I'd been recording a load of proper TV in preparation and I get BT Vision from work which means I have access to on-demand series like 24, CSI, Dexter, The Wire, Prison Break, The Sopranos, etc so I can work my way through the series whenever I want to.

I can't believe I'd not watched any of 24 before but I've got the first 4 or 5 series available free of charge and I'm really getting into it now. It's also got old stuff like Father Ted and The Royale Family which is nice as I'd sold all the DVDs a while ago.

Comment

Really starting to get annoyed with this now.

Can't believe I've only been off work for just over a week, it feels like I've been off for months. Although nobody can say 100% all the nurses and doctors that I speak to seem to be expecting me to still be at home at the start of November which seems absolutely ages away.

I'm now using 4 different types of pain killers which seem to work really well but I don't really feel comfortable taking loads of tablets.

I'm not bored or anything but I've got to the stage were I don't know what day it is as each consists of doing the same things. I tried walking up from the doctor's today as I feel lazy not being able to do stuff. It would normally take 10 minutes to walk but I managed it in about an hour today and I feel completely shattered now.

And yet, I keep telling myself I really don't have the right to complain as I know how bad it could be.

Comment

Got the cold right now! Yee bloody har, etc.

Runny eye, runny nose, gooey throat. They go quickly though..

Comment

Just got back from my daily visit to the doctor to find that I have another bloody growth inside my back, they've given me some more tablets which will hopefully sort it out though. I'm stuck at home for at least the next two bloody weeks already and I'm really hoping that this is sorted out and doesn't extend that any further.

I know there are many people who would happily swap their illness for mine without a second though so it's difficult to be too down about it but it really felt like a kick to the head when they told me.

Ah well, it is another Heineken Cup weekend and it's not as if I haven't got plenty to keep me busy at home, could be a lot worse really.

Comment

Is this the right place to post this? It doesn't seem like it's worth a new topic.

Since yesterday morning, I've had very light pins and needles in my right arm. I can still feel everything, it's not like when you've slept on your arm, but it's definately there. But it's been a day now and it's not gone away.

What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                      Just got back from my daily visit to the doctor to find that I have another bloody growth inside my back, they've given me some more tablets which will hopefully sort it out though. I'm stuck at home for at least the next two bloody weeks already and I'm really hoping that this is sorted out and doesn't extend that any further.

I know there are many people who would happily swap their illness for mine without a second though so it's difficult to be too down about it but it really felt like a kick to the head when they told me.

Ah well, it is another Heineken Cup weekend and it's not as if I haven't got plenty to keep me busy at home, could be a lot worse really.
                      It is a shame you don't have a photo of this because from your description it sounds utter puke, hope it heals fast, I don't think i;d be coping to well with a new hole on my body.

Comment

I had a photo taken on Saturday by a nurse which is the first that I've seen of it. I'll post it as a thumbnail as I'm sure not everybody wants to see it in detail.

It's surprisingly deep as it's in the centre of my back and right right over my spine. What's more surprising is that my nurse states that it was three times as deep initially which is shocking.

Although the cut to the skin isn't particularly big the cavity under the scar was quite a bit bigger almost as if they'd scooped out underneath it. It all seems to have grown back quite quickly though but there's not much they can do apart from wait for it to heal and make sure it's clean.

Each day they fill it up with packing but they really have force it in which really isn't pleasant but they have to stretch the wound as it must heal from the inside out, they can't let the skin heal while the cavity is still there for obvious reasons.

It's really not been as bad as it could have been although I am looking forward to everything getting back to normal.
                        Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                        Is this the right place to post this? It doesn't seem like it's worth a new topic.

Since yesterday morning, I've had very light pins and needles in my right arm. I can still feel everything, it's not like when you've slept on your arm, but it's definately there. But it's been a day now and it's not gone away.

What does this mean?
                        You really need to go to the doctor's with that and I'd suggest going today. It may well be nothing but it's best you really need to be told that by a professional.

Comment

You've a second belly button!

*makes the sign of the cross at JP*

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post

What does this mean?
                            I'm currently at the whim of the NHS for a similar (or same) problem. Woke up one morning with a dead arm/pins & needles after laying on it through the night....and it didnt go away, at least in my fingers. I lost motion and feeling with constant pins & needles. Weeks later after various NHS bumbles I got tests done and turned out to be a trapped nerve in my elbow, seeing a consultant this months end which will probably end up in decompression therapy or any way of teasing it out....initial prognosis was that it will probably pop back out but that was nearly 5 months ago now.

John Parry, cheers for sharing that looks pretty alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              I'm currently at the whim of the NHS for a similar (or same) problem. Woke up one morning with a dead arm/pins & needles after laying on it through the night....and it didnt go away, at least in my fingers. I lost motion and feeling with constant pins & needles. Weeks later after various NHS bumbles I got tests done and turned out to be a trapped nerve in my elbow, seeing a consultant this months end which will probably end up in decompression therapy or any way of teasing it out....initial prognosis was that it will probably pop back out but that was nearly 5 months ago now.

John Parry, cheers for sharing that looks pretty alien.

5 months thats quite good im on my 11th and they still aint figured out whats wrong with me

Comment

Currently Flu'd up to the eyeballs. Very rare that i catch anything so i'm not used to sitting on my ass doing nothing. All i seem to be doing is posting on forums and gaming, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X