No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently a load of crusties gathered around babs clockweights on the summer solstice the other day.

Comment

Nice gash!!

I get horrendous hayfever, controllable only with steroid injections (which last for one month at absolute best, and I can only have one a year) For half the year, I get completely red eyes if I go near any sort of pollon.

Going to try Grazax or some other immunotherapy pills which they've recently released, although the first one must be taken in hospital as it can be very dangerous (closing airway's, allegic shock, etc)

Seems like it pales in comparison to some of the posts above, but it's the absolute bane of my life!!

I hope no life-insurance underwriters are prowling this thread...!!

Comment

My lower back feels like somebody has been kicking it for a while, how old people manage to do gardening is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          My lower back feels like somebody has been kicking it for a while, how old people manage to do gardening is beyond me.
          They don't have kidney failure from excess alcohol...

Comment

Severe man flu, I was in bed most of the weekend. Feel a lot better now but it's always hard to work at a computer all day with cold.

Comment

Ive been basically bedridden since I was 22 (now 35) after collapsing at work when I was a huge hulk type 16stone brick outhouse looking bloke eating kitkats at work.

Ive got a genetic disease what Im not going to go into, severe bouts of pancretitus (that started when I was 18 was on morphene drip for 10days now its the norm and I take pethadine at home for it when it happens) , an enlarged liver what causes issues and problems with my right kidney, a completly and utterly f* digestive system whats caused by my intestines and my bowels are also f* and adehsions all over em (had to have gall bladder removed years ago as that was diseased also). I was also in a coma 4yrs ago where I croaked twice and parents told I would last 3days and Im still here so what do they know lol. Thats buggered my legs up since so I cant now pick my feet up (so I do the dance shuffle ) and suffer short term memory loss from it and other things (they dont know the long term damage as it did abit of a job on my body) and I get awful pain in my head if I try and do 2 things at once like my brain will explode sometimes (I woke up from the coma thinking Maggie thatcher was in charge and I was at school pml). Also have failing eyesight (4/20) and a crumbling spine (and that causes serious jip also) and by looks of it from latest blood result starting with prenicous anemia even though Im 20yrs too early for it they reckon Ive had it awhile so more injections on top of everything else. My immune systems also crap so I pick everything up going.

So all this means is that Im a bumbling idiot that forgets stuff in horrific pain that gets so bad I vomit all the time (pain comes from in my liver and right kidney area). I lost 7stone thru it in 5months when it started and got down to 8stone 12 till they rushed me in and its 50/50 chance everytime I eat that I dont vomit it back up (Im stabalised around 9half stone now but it plummets quick). My digestive systems screwed so I either vomit it up or Im in agony from eating that or as my bowels are buggered up (not good word to use for this I guess lol) they block and that makes me gip next time I eat (on a shed load of laxatives for em) so I live of crap like cereal all the time.

I spend around all my life in bed (who could blame me when i have a fancy leccy hospital bed and lovely gell matress) and have done for years (think my worst bout I didnt leave the house and I mean even go in the garden for 10months). I shuffle in the house with sticks VERY short distances and have carers but I cannot stand unaided and I shuffle like smeagle as my spines so flaming bent up. Outside and inside I use a leccy wheelchair or am pushed in one as dont have the strength. Ive had shed loads of ops over the years but each one I never recover from so we all decided enough was enough.

Thats the crap out of the way the good is Im smacked off me man breasts on drugs all the time Im on some serious pain killers what unfortunetly dont do sod all when Im really bad and now pethadine on top of that since last year (used to get doc out for injections now I get pills) so pink elephants is great to watch. Ive started taking it more since last year (ive always refused morphene or synthetic aka pethadine as it has damaging effects to your body over long use) as I hadnt had a holiday for 18yrs so now I get doped up to eyeballs and go away for respite 6weeks of the year to give parents a break.

Some of you know as Ive always been open about it as I prefer to be as I get embarrased about playing on live etc.. with peeps I dont know as I have a habit of disapearing to gip or I will geniunely forget who you are so I dont have a choice but to tell you.

Life is what you make it anyway so dont give us any sympathy please as Im just stating some facts with me, I get by everyday quite happily and used to it now. It also has its amusing tales like one where I got a date with a fit nurse while I was having a colonoscopy procedure pml so its all good

Oh and if theirs any nice 19yr old female carers out their wanting a job let me know
              Last edited by Guest; 25-06-2008, 12:05.

Comment

Bloody hell Dazzy - at least show a bit of sympathy for Stu's man flu rather than thinking about your own problems. Jeez!

Comment

Sorry, women just dont understand man flu so feel for you m8

Comment

I think Dazzyman wins. Close the thread!

Comment

It certainly puts the 'I'm just sick of life' posts into perspective.

Comment

Forget sympathy, I think admiration is the word I'm reaching for.

Comment

Too right. Dazzy is a ****ing legend.

Comment

Well its not an illness as such but this afternoon I stupidly slammed my finger in a sash window. Immediately there was a big dark spot under the middle of the nail. I think the nail is probably going to drop off as its still throbbing now. It doesn't hurt as such but it feels like there's pressure underneath it.

I do have an illness though which is like a perma-cold. I've also been waking up wheezing the last few mornings (I don't smoke). Think it's to do with living in an old, and damp, house. I'm so moving out to a nice modern house!

Comment

Does a broken heart count? My Fiancée cheated on me

Comment

Yes, ditch the bitch! That really sucks dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X