No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear it mate, hope it sorts itself out.

Comment

You also need to start a thread about it so we can have a marathon debate.

Comment

Man this is what really f* annoys me about being this ill!!! Whole social system is a joke sometimes. I dont even qualify for free prescriptions (and I take 2 carrier bags full a month) under my benefits (and Im on the highest rate of care and mobility) because Im on incapacity benifit which is tarred that everyone on it is a dole bludging scumbag (I get it auto for being on highest rate of care) but I found out totally by accident 3yrs ago by my doctor after nagging for years that because Im in a wheelchair I do so I get a exemption NHS card which Ive had since so free presciptions finally.

So I go today for first time in 3yrs to sort out an eyetest which is end of month. Im official partially sighted at 4/20 due to health deterioation and steriods from hospital pumped into me when I was younger (which the tossers didnt tell me would effect em till after I had the treatment). So I phone up and discuss it and that I want to try contacts for first time in my life. Enquired about the free eye test with my exemption certificate and I got told oh no you dont qualify because it doesnt say tax credit wtf it says exemption certificate for a reason.

Systems a f* joke. I got income support for 3months 3yrs ago from December to March of £1.15 a week back dated as it took 3 months and 2 weeks later it got stopped! Then they took it back off me as my incapacity went up £1.20 but they didnt increase the threshold. The £1.15 doesnt sound much but the problem is when your on income support its a gold mine as you get cold weather payments, free prescriptions and the lot (its only after they took it off me I found out I got free prescriptions anyway). You get more for being on income support than incapacity anyway but they wont give you out on incapacity.

So basically the system says to me yep your very ill you need care, your so ill we dont even check your status anymore for benifits so you qualify auto for incapacity without filling forms out on top but because your not healthy and havent got someone up the duff to get tax credits or cant be arsed to work and go on income support you get f* all help.

Really is about time that genuine disabled ill people get help when the ones that cant be arsed to do out and get tax credits and a shed load more than I get what are on income support get everything paid for when someone geniune whats eyes are failing due to ill health cant even get a bloody free eye test.

And then they ask me every 3yrs why I dont have a eyetest and glasses every 12months and I give the same answer that I cant afford £155 every f* year.

Oh and Im puking blood alot at the moment on top yea me lol

/Rant over

Hmm and so the legal mindfield starts. Done some digging and theirs low income HC11 cert I can apply for to means test or nag the optician as on free eye test if you have powerfull lenses or partially sighted you qualify (dunno why I didnt get told this on the phone). Im not allowed out the house alone in my leccy wheelchair as I have to have 5/20 vision for that and its 4/20 so its either one of the flaming other. Bit annoyed now as I had to go see one when I went for my leccy wheelchair and I never got told then about it.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2008, 15:16.

Comment

I have Cystic Fibrosis, Im very luck to have a mild version which means I dont die before Im 21!!.

Still need to keep fit but my boozing at the weekends does'nt help .

I need to cut that completly too, means more gaming time but hey there is worse things.

Oh and evil boris - same happened to me. I came home and found her lying in our bed with her ex she was supposedly over.

Dont worry, they are never worth it when they do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
            Oh and evil boris - same happened to me. I came home and found her lying in our bed with her ex she was supposedly over.
            In your own bed... that's harsh. Real nasty behaviour.

You're absolutely right, Geo, definitely showed her true colours (and everything else!) there, so you're best rid of her.

Comment

i have a bit of a cough that just wont go away, been about a month now.......... also suffering from sleep deprivation due to revising and stressing out about stuff in general.......

So im not functioning at max, even though im working at max............. if that makes sense......

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                In your own bed... that's harsh. Real nasty behaviour.

You're absolutely right, Geo, definitely showed her true colours (and everything else!) there, so you're best rid of her.
                Yup, totally disgusted by her. I stayed at my Dad's the night before because she had a girly night with her pals in our flat.

Dirty cow.

Comment

Does stress count as an illness?

Comment

Yeaaa I kept food down for first time in 2weeks so happy

Comment

omg what did you have?

Comment

Shoulder has been hurting for about 10 days.
                        Last edited by Brad; 14-08-2008, 16:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Apple crumble and custard. Was first time Id had that in over a year was craving it for some reason pml.

Thought Id be adventurous tonight and try and have a meal for a change and had pizza twice doh hence being up at 4am! I eat rubbish basically like cereal and snacks as my normal food but I get arsey with it every week and try something I shouldnt and pay for it. Summer does me in every year I cant cope with the heat with already having temperatures and infections so Im always gipping like this every summer. Its the puking blood what scares the crap out of us when its like this but I cant do sod all so just pray I dont damage anything each time it happens. And what do I get for it some more pills from the docs to stop the bleeding It doesnt help that my memories dire and I forget how bad pizza makes us when it doesnt stop down.

So back to crackerbread with cheese spread, frosties and crisps tommorow night it is.
                          Last edited by Guest; 15-08-2008, 03:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                            Apple crumble and custard. Was first time Id had that in over a year was craving it for some reason pml.

lol i meant what illness did you have but im guessing the weather? frosties before bedtime though....yummy

Comment

Was in the garden Friday evening, some tiny insect was trying to suck the blood out of my thumb, so I flicked it off.

By the time went to bed last night, was just a small itchy skin coloured bump. Get up this morning and it's like I've grown a third nipple ! seems to be getting bigger by the hour as well, will have to pierce it with a sterilised pin a bit later.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Man up and bite it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X