• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a side note...

where is Extra Terrestrial these days??

Still drinking bevvies i hope...

Comment

Black Dog skanked me up, still managed a good series of games on RV6 with Raggen thou

Comment

oof i still feel mega battered now.

Comment

Had Cock and Bull from the Concrete Cow Brewery last night. Lovely bitter. And an easy 8/10.

Also had a Black Knight from Down Ton Brewery. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. 9/10. Possibly even a 10/10. I'll have to nip back to the local to make sure about that

Comment

That's a pity

Comment

Goose Island - India Pale Ale (5.9&#37
              Incredibly fragrant and very bitter traditional IPA - pale and strong. Absolutely gorgeous. 10/10.

Concrete Cow Brewery - Cock and Bull
              Malty amber beer with a lingering dry aftertaste. 8/10.
              Concrete Cow are a new brewery local to me (Milton Keynes based) who have only just started up. Based on this beer I look forward to many more!

Downton Brewery - Black Knight
              A dark beer with a smooth even taste. Very drinkable. 9/10.

Anchor Brewery - Steam Beer
              Very dark coloured beer that is surprisingly weak in flavour - it does have a distinctive edge however. 7/10.

BrewDog - Paradox Grain Cask (10%)
              Stunning Imperial Stout - brewed in whisky casks and this comes through in the strong flavour. Warming and perfect for a cold winter evening. 9/10.

Comment

Ish deffo check out the Goose Island Honkers Ale and Summertime if you can they are both nearly as good as the IPA. Just a shame the other Goose Islands arent available in the UK.

Comment

Theres gonna be a massive rematch grudge battle soon, thats probably the biggest rematch sporting or otherwise ever seen. (even rocky fighting clubber lang) Rcently Ploughboy bought Prinny a bottle of Jacobite.

Many years ago Prinny nearly choked to death on hot frothy black vomit caused by a bottle of Jacobite.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Ajay I'll give them a go. Was really very impressed by the Goose.

vp - get pictures

Comment

Talking of grudge matches.

I got a 750ml bottle of Innis and Gunn Oak Aged Beer from Sainsbury's yesterday, but it only ever seems to be brewed in smaller bottles usually (330ml).

I've had it before, but genuinely can't remember much about it. It's 6.6% and seems like a bit of a beast.

Thing is, Plough Boy hates it.

Comedy Christmas present ftw!

Comment

Had a couple more of the Goose Island IPAs last night. Absolutely a 10/10. One of the best bottled beers I've had to be honest - and I don't say that lightly

And yeah where is ET. I hope he hasn't started drinking lager.

Comment

A smattering of mostly non-xmas beers last night, producing evil spirits this morning

Wylam Bohemia - mega yeasty.

Theakston Grouse Beater - mega sweet, probably couldn't manage a whole bottle but good in half measures.

Williams Bros Roisin - Much nicer than initial taste suggested, wanted more by the end.

Meantime Winter Time - A real grower, lovely and smoky.

Saltaire Goldings Ale - A good solid beer.

Samuel Smith's India Ale - Superb, very flavoursome, with the usual excellent bottle design.

Comment

On the ales on Saturday and sampled the following:

Adnams - Explorer Lovely light coloured beer with a fruity aroma. Beautiful citrusy taste. Enjoyed this one very much. 9/10

Jenning - Sneck Lifter Probably the polar opposite of the Explorer. Very dark ale. Difficult to describe the smell and taste. Very heavy but got better towards the end. Not sure if I enjoyed it that much. 7/10.

Comment

Was down my local last night. Yum yum they've gone all out on the winter ales. And yup I am lucky enough to have a local that sells such a wide range of beer. Its actually a Banks and Taylor pub but has about 15 pumps in total. Usually there are 3 B&T beers on and the rest are an ever changing set from, well, everywhere. Plus they have two fridges full of Belgian beer.

St. Austells Brewery - Tribute (4.2&#37
                              A very quaffable bitter. 8/10.

Concrete Cow - Watling Gold (4.2%)
                              I’m not sure how to describe this. Its dry. Very dry. And its a dryness that increases and lingers the more you drink. Very distinctive. It doesn’t quite work for me but gets points for effort. 7/10.

Banks & Taylor - Autumn Porter
                              Smooth and sweet porter with a strong chocolate aroma and flavours. 7/10

Arundel Brewery - Warm Willie
                              Winter beer with a developing bitterness and liquorice aftertaste. 8/10

Infernal Brewery - Santa’s Swallie
                              Crisp and refreshing beer with barley flavours and a strong bramble aroma. 9/10

York Brewery - Yuletide
                              Dark Christmas ale with a hint of mince pie. Quite a weak flavour. 6/10.

Harviestoun Brewery - Good King Legless
                              Strong hop flavours developing to a dry lingering nutty aftertaste. 8/10.

Comment

A nice set of beers there Ish. Good notes too. I love winter ales, they're usually mega-flavoursome and quite heavy, acting like Ready Brek on these dark, cold nights.

The puns on the Christmas beers are always terrible (apart from Otter Claus, that is - genius) but they can't help but make you smirk.

Had a couple from cask in recent weeks -

Wylam Legless Santa - 4.6%

Mordue Ha'way in a Manger - 4.7%

Both tasty, stodgy little numbers that give you that good 'ol xmas glow

Comment

Working...
                                X