X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GobHoblin is the BogsDollocks IMO

Thankyou

Comment

I despair for my age: I'm starting to not mind dark ales too much.

Comment

Good man. They'll put hairs on your chest. Anything light coloured and below 5% - forget it

Comment

Criminally Bad Elf was light ... but 10.5%.

That put hairs round yer ring.

Comment

Legendary performance from Prinny tonight, he drank a fair old bit of sediment!

Comment

3 sediment boys. ugh

Comment

and a good gulp of wild turkey too!

Comment

All Christmas beers, too. Every single one was a thick beer, proper chewy.

Comment

Disappointing how you handled the wild turkey, its well smooth!

Comment

Time to bring back this thread.

The good news is that since the start of the year I've set a pace in new bottled beers that is potentially record breaking, even beating last year's massive haul. I've got enough newbies to last maybe another couple of months at the same pace. I'm off to a supplier of local beers down in Leyburn next week, then off to Keswick I expect in the summer. Also, a week in Aviemore should hopefully supply me with newbies from Scotland. Yeah, I know it's whiskey country but I hold out a lot of hope, especially after grabbing newbies recently in Edinburgh and Morrisons at Berwick.

Another thing I'm starting to do is pick up beer clips and beermats. It's not a full-scale nerd assault on ebay or anything, but if the opportunity presents itself I'll pick one up on my travels. Plough Boy thoughtfully half-inched a couple of pump clips for me, so my collection now stands at a staggering 11:

Frog Island - Fire Bellied Toad
                      Jennings - Crag Rat
                      Tring Brewery - Side Pocket for a Toad
                      Darwin Brewery - Penshaw's
                      Stonehenge Ales - Pigswill
                      Fraoch - Heather Ale
                      St. George's Brewery - Nimrod
                      Harviestoun Brewery - Bitter and Twisted
                      Cains - Raisin Beer
                      Nethergate Brewery - Old Growler
                      York Brewery - Centurion's Ghost Ale

Early days...
                      I did come across a website of a bloke who had 13,000 pump clips - http://www.dalecu.co.uk/

Amazing, under 'Wychwood' he had loads I'd never even heard of, let alone tried. Nice to see he hasn't yet got the one I tried in Nottingham though, Mad Hatter

Comment

Done the Dick Whittington (Financial Sector) leg of the London Ale Trial last week, jolly good proper pubs and a free T-Shirt once you've collected 5 stamps on a card which the barstaff will give you if you ask for one. Get a stamp for each pint of ale wot you sup.

The website below lists other central London 'crawls' with maps and info on all the pubs you visit.

Comment

That looks like my kind of thing. Some good solid beers listed there too.

In the Autumn just gone one of the pubs on the way back from work, the Duke of Wellington in Neville's Cross, had a long festival, where you'd have four or five new beers every week and get your card stamped per beer. If you had a certain number of beers you got a free tankard.

I only noticed the festival was on in the third week; I must have went back 5 times in the next fortnight only to find the new beers off, or 'on order.' That tankard just slipped through my fingers.

Gutted.

Comment

Hey, Prinny, did you attend the Newcastle beer festival last week? I totally missed it as there was zero advertising. Only found out on Sunday that it had been on from Wednesday to Saturday. Doh!

Comment

My sentiments exactly. I've been and had a few at the Union Rooms for the Wetherpsoons festival, but seemed to miss this one entirely. The beer list looks really good too, with some High House Farm ones I've never had.

Bitterly disappointing. It also means I've missed out on a festival glass.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the Durham one in August.

Comment

Yeah, the Durham one is usually good though. Although there are too many ciders!

Gutted to miss the Newcastle one as it had some lovely sounding ales with ginger in them. Mmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X