No announcement yet.

Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the wheels might come off.........

Comment

It was all good!

After those four new beers we queued for an hour outside. I stuffed myself with sandwiches and lucozade to avoid a major whupping. That seemed to do the trick, along with our tactic of exclusively drinking dark beers. 14 new porters, stouts and old ales guzzled, with so many of good quality. No hangover at all. On the way back I picked up about 20 new bottles in Beers of Europe, from the UK, Belgium, Germany and the U.S. Not even the sour-faced condescending knacker of a saleswoman could dampen our spirits!

Comment

Kryss? KRYSS? Your absence and promises cut me deep bro.

Prin, cut him loose, he no longer respects the brotherhood of beer..........

Comment

Oi! I have exams to study for and haven't cleaned my apartment in 3 weeks.

Anyway, as you're over in the east coast soon I thought I would point out a couple of recommendations. Two of which are bottle-conditioned by a Calgary-based brewer so might not be available. The other is the North American Beer of the Year according to the World Beer Awards.

Left to right:
          Unibroue's La Resolution
          The Brewing Dandy's Dandy in the Underworld and Smokeboss

Comment

How come everything you post looks legendary? It's highly annoying, yet brilliant. I'll never see bad boys like that in real life. It's almost like looking through a Neo Geo catalogue in the early 90s. These things you speak of are too out of reach and hold a mysterious allure.

Im going to send you some Durham Brewery specials in the New Year, Colin, so I'll get details off you soon. I've already picked the ones I'm going to send. White Stout is most certainly one, as long as you don't wuss out on me and snivel like a bitch because it's a 7%+ abv whupsmasher.

Comment

I only get the good stuff these days, life is too short to drink the bad. I was tempted by the craft beer advent calendar at $135 until I heard the scotch one...at $400. But I don't have that kind of money.

After exams I'm going to be trying out new local upstart Tool Shed's selection. I shall report back as and when.

Comment

I will be taking notes before heading over, I had a couple of your recommendations last trip and they were great.

Comment

I have been addicted to the new Redwell Kofra Stout, coffee stout.
                  Kofra is a nice local Norwich coffee shop and they teamed up for a collaborative Stout with Redwell Brewery.

Excuse the brandy glass, I have no stout glasses, I'm gonna have to invest.

Got a real nice taste to it and this is coming from a coffee fan but not a stout fan. It's not heavy, light with really tasty coffee tones after its gone down.

I'm grabbing some new drinks today from the deli, hear they got some new drinks in stock, some new gin's and whisky too, so I'll post what I grab later. I'll stick to posting the beers though.

Comment

Ah that looks nice, love a stout myself. I might take a study break tomorrow, take a notepad and pencil into the offie and see what tickles my fancy. I'll take a look at some east coast beers too.

Comment

Top work lads.

I had an Innis and Gunn Bourbon Dark Ale last night. 7.4%. Gentler than I thought it would be, but still with a kick.

Comment

Got a nice wee haul, just need to time when I will drink them all, not all at once I have to add.

Redwell Tins.
                        Green. Kofra Stout. 5.9%
                        Red. Steam Lager. 4.6%
                        Orange. West Coast Pale Ale. 5.6%

Poppyland Tragic Empress Imperial Austrian Porter 9.6%
                        Poppyland The Lost World of Doggerland Wheat Beer 4.9%

Whisky
                        Pig's Nose Blended Scotch
                        Sheep Dip Blended Malt Scotch

On another note I made my own Limoncello, over course of the month, finally had some yesterday and enjoyed it. So I may take a venture into some home brewing in the new year, just for fun.
                        Last edited by Family Fry; 14-12-2015, 01:17.

Comment

That Tragic Empress sounds like something I would enjoy.

Comment

Any of you beer loving peeps been to one of the Artisan Tap bars? There are a few in Englandshire at present with the first one in Scotland opening in my town tomorrow. The beer range looks pretty decent I'm just hoping they don't overcharge.

I finally have Brewdog discount card too. It's going to be well used!

Comment

Raided the Co-op yesterday (3 on the left) and Liquor Depot today (2 on the right).

Alley Cat Coffee Porter, 5% - light and smooth, enjoyed this yesterday. Alley Cat Alberta Dragon, Fernie Brewing Snowblind Belgian IPA. Extremely excited about today's purchases! Big Rock's Dark Cherry Abbey Ale, and Unibroue's 2015 Limited Grande Reserve 17

$60 well spent!
                              [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] I can't find any beers from Ontario here for some reason...Obviously Unibroue from Quebec, some Yukon Brewing bits and I saw a single beer from Nova Scotia today. Alberta has a monopoly on craft beer sales here it seems!
                              Last edited by kryss; 16-12-2015, 01:41.

Comment

The Grande Reserve 17 was shockingly bad, strong and bland. Shame for the first beer of 2016.

On the flipside, 2015 ended with the Dark Cherry Abbey Ale, which is possibly the best beer I've drunk all year.

Just finished the Snowblind IPA. Not particularly impressive but not a bad drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X