Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
    Randomly had some Koppaberg pear cider as well. Tastes like pop really but in a good way.

I also tried the Koppaberg with Elderflower and lime which would be really nice on a summer evening.
    Not as nice as the one my Dad recently made, a Cider with Elderflower kit which was lovely.
    So much so I'll be starting to homebrew soon. Looks really straightforward with kits as a starting point.
    I'll be also making Stout/Porters as the water where I am is seriously hard and chalky and maybe some Elderflower champagne.
    Really looking forward to getting started.

Comment

The good news:
      I stopped by The Black Country Arms on Friday night. They're the Walsall CAMRA pub of the year 2009/2010 and the bar was fully-loaded with guest ales. Seriously, there must've been about 20 pumps set out.

The bad news:
      I was driving so not a drop of lager passed my lips (well, I tried a bit of my mates , but it was literally a sip).

Will have to go again when I've got somebody else to drive!

Comment

Tonights ales: Brakspear Oxford Gold, Marstons Owd Rodger & Wychwoods King Goblin.

A rather successful night.

Comment

Man, that's some sweet, sweet nectar there. All three, nailed on winners. Strong, too - they'll put hairs on your bollocks.

Comment

Just finishing off the King now. Easily an 8.5 creeping up to a 9.

Oxford Gold I can imagine would be nice on a summer afternoon in a beer garden just chilling with friends.

Now I must begin the quest for the elusive Brakspear Triple! I WILL find you!

Comment

Y'know, I think it might be Sainsburys I found it in.

Comment

Now if you'd told me last night... I was in town today so could have stocked up! Still, have to go to the bank later in the week so will check then.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  Just finishing off the King now. Easily an 8.5 creeping up to a 9.

Oxford Gold I can imagine would be nice on a summer afternoon in a beer garden just chilling with friends.
                  A lovely summer drink is Golden Champion

I've just discovered (after 10 years ) the Jerusalem Tavern. St. Peters Ales' London pub
                  Great for a swift couple at lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Y'know, I think it might be Sainsburys I found it in.
                    Found it in my local village shop. ?2.26 a bottle too, so one of the cheaper ales in there.

Had to get 3, would have been rude not to.

THE QUEST IS OVER!

Comment

Got a box of 12 various BrewDog beers in. Currently supping a Trashy Blonde. Very malty aroma which carries into the taste too. I was expecting something a bit lighter given the name but it's good anyway. Solid 7/10 stuff.

More mini-reviews in the coming days/weeks.

Comment

St Austell Tribute -AMAZING!!!!
                        Hooky Gold
                        Brakespear Triple
                        Holt's Maplemoon - wow a Holt's beer that tastes so good!!!!
                        Fullers Honey Dew
                        Robbie's Old Tom - whoa there.
                        Bengal Lancer - a fine and potent IPA
                        Adnam's Broadside

All gone down well in the last 2 weeks, courtesy of Sainsbury's at the mo'.
                        Last edited by MatWoods; 01-04-2011, 18:22.

Comment

Tonight:

Thwaites Wainwright Ale - lovely and citrusy.
                          Thwaites Very Nutty Black - mildy goodness
                          Holt 1849 - welcher
                          Holt Humdinger - very lightly honeyed
                          Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew - IPA strength niceness
                          Badger Tanglefoot - tasty chomper

Comment

Pendle Witche's Brew and Black Cat both get the big thumbs up - drank them on tap in heir home town many moons ago on a night I can still remember..

That has reminded me, must get some Badger's Poacher's Choice in for the roast beef dinner at the parent's tonght. Even my wife likes that one.

Will give Tanglefoot a try - hovvered over it before and never chosen it.

Comment

Last night also had the BrewDog 77 lager which was truly brilliant. I wish you could get it on a night out. Great lager taste but none of the gassy/chemical nastiness, superb 9/10.

Also had the 5a.m. Saint last night too. Heavy, malty stuff but with a slight fruityness to it too. Certainly makes you go 'oof' with it's kick. I suspect all of the BrewDogs do.

Got a Punk IPA and another 77 lager chilling for tonight. Slight trepidation about trying the Hardcore IPA! Apparently you can get the Punk IPA in some Sainsbury's now and in cans too.

Another fan of the Witch's Brew here too. Had it on a Halloween once but I'll be fooked if I can remember where I bought it from.

Comment

Hardcore IPA must be ATTACKED with confidence, or your credentials will be questioned.

77 Lager is very nice, as are most Brewdog beers. You've never done a proper 'OOF' though until you've had Sink the Bismark. That sets a new bar for the definition of OOF.

I got Pendle Witches Brew from Spar in Belmont/Carrville. ?1.85 a bottle - good stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X