This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I've just got a new phone from work - Blackberry 8100 Pearl. Well chuffed with it, especially as it's costing me nowt!

Just ordered a 2GB micro SD so I can rip some crap onto it for the journey into work.
    I used to have a BB Pearl, got a Curve now, loved them both!

Comment

anyone got a w960i yet? looks lovley but im not paying £400 for it to find out.

Comment

Got my K850i on the way, coming tomorrow. Cant wait!

Free upgrade too, phoned them up again last night since I was still waiting for a callback from them and asked about it and the girl was like "yeh that should be fine we can do that for you for £50 upgrade fee" and I say no no no no no I was told I would get it for nothng, "One moment please............. yes!! We can do that for you for free tonight!"

Owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          Got my K850i on the way, coming tomorrow. Cant wait!

Free upgrade too, phoned them up again last night since I was still waiting for a callback from them and asked about it and the girl was like "yeh that should be fine we can do that for you for ?50 upgrade fee" and I say no no no no no I was told I would get it for nothng, "One moment please............. yes!! We can do that for you for free tonight!"

Owned.
          k850i = worst battery ever

Comment

No big deal, I'm used to it as all SE's aren't that good and I sit playing about with my phone watching videos, music, on internet all the time so I'm in the habit of charging it almost every night when sleeping anyway. Thanks for the head up though!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
              No big deal, I'm used to it as all SE's aren't that good and I sit playing about with my phone watching videos, music, on internet all the time so I'm in the habit of charging it almost every night when sleeping anyway. Thanks for the head up though!
              nay problem, its not quite the worst battery ever ( i may have embelished a little) but it was a bit of a shock going from my w810i that lasted almost a week using it was a walkman for 3 hours a day and a good hour talk time, to a phone that lasted only really a day of practicel use.

Comment

Got a reasonable deal today, a chap from phones 4 you phoned me to remind me my existing contract was up in a month and would he like me to search for a better deal for him, managed to get me a k850, 750 x-net minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited web and a ?50 cheque, for ?45 a month, i'm already paying that for 400 minutes and 200 textsand my bills regularly top ?100 thanks to web and texting with o2, i've been too lazy to look into changing tarriff myself

Comment

Orange just did me a decent deal for me. £10 a month for 300 texts and 100 minutes. It's a £25 a month contract but they are discounting it £15 a month for me. I also got the new Sony W910i (Red) in the deal too, which is nice. Big, clear screen, feels well made and is lightweight and thin with easy to use menus etc. Not bothered about the camera on a phone personally, which is why I didn't got for the K850i as I prefer the much thinner W910i etc.

Comment

Quick question, how easy is it to unlock a network locked phone? I have given my previous Sony phone to my girlfriend, but as she is on 02 it wont work. Is it easy to unlock the phone? I see people on stalls in town offering the service and in little electric shops etc, but I wondered if the software is something you can easily obtain on the Internet?

Thanks

Comment

I would like to know this too so I can sell my minty mint K800i as I'm sure I'd get more if it was unlocked!

Still no sign of postman pat with my K850i though...

Comment

A lot of phones can be unlocked quite easily for £10 - 15. It's also worth phoning your network to ask for the unlatching or unlocking code as that's as easy as typing in a few numbers.

I've just unlocked a Tesco Mobile phone and it was a simple procedure. They supplied the codes and instructions within 24 hours of me requesting them.

Comment

How much did it cost to unlock it?

Comment

It wouldn't have cost him anything if he got the codes and did it himself. I think?

Comment

Does anybody know any good mobile phone review sites? I'm looking for really really geeky ones that know their stuff and relview all the latest stuff!

I'm thinking of getting the girlfriend a mobile phone for xmas but I have quite exacting standards. Basically I need the phone to having a lightning quick interface and be excellent for sending sms's. So I'm looking for a good comfortable keypad too but not qwerty.

Comment

http://www.mobileburn.com/ is always a good read.

Comment

Working...
                                X