Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let you know that you should only insure a phone for 6 months. After that you can buy a brand new one for the price of your excess...
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

But at £7 a month its not THAT bad for peace of mind right?

Are their any decent covers for teh K850i yet, as its so smooth and shiny like an ipod (but not that shiny) that i cant bare to put a scratch on it

Comment

Yeah I pay a fiver a month to Orange for insurance, well worth it as with my K800i I returned that quick soon with some mechanical error with the camera shutter and then 5 months later I dropped it in a pot hole, completely submerged in water, grabbed it within a second and dried it all out, worked completely fine for a month then broke eventually and got ANOTHER one. So I actually had three K800i's in the end!

You could always buy one of those wee iPod sock thingys to protect it mate, thats what my sister does!

Comment

What a great idea Rossco! Ima get me a sock and put me phone in it lol!

Now to find a store that sells em for cheap!

Comment

I have some spare ipod socks...want?

Comment

Does anyone here who has a K850i know how to set the phone so it gives a reminder when you recieved a text message or missed call that you have not checked yet? Cos the vibration alert is useless in a noisy room. You cant even change the type of vibration Grrr......

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

It'll be on the events screen. You can't get rid of it until you check it manually.

There seems to be a problem with the flash on the K850i too, I didn't even realise until t'other day. Take a picture in poor light, the flash goes off too quickly and you get an almost black screen instead of a proper image. Apparently this is a known problem, having seen it reported on a number of forums. I'm in two minds whether to get a replacement handset or wait for a firmware update. Kinda sucks considering this is one of the handsets major features too.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

T-Mobile really annoyed me today.

I'm on a Flext 25 contract which finished at the end of October. So it was time for an upgrade from my W810i.

"Alright" thought I, "they've been harping on about the K850i, I'll go check that one out."
                  Seems pretty nice. The buttons are a bit weird, but I'm sure I could get used to it. Nice features, big screen. Great! What's the price? £80 on my contract or free on the £35 a month one? Well, that's not abominable. I was considering moving up anyway, as I need more minutes.

So I go over to the counter and the guy there looks it up in his big book o'phones. So the upgrade price for that is..... £200! What? The? That's patently ridiculous. They want me to sign a new contract with them and what incentive do I have? Nothing. That's what. Nothing.
                  He called up the upgrade team, and apparently they can't do a thing, even if I do move up to a more expensive contract.

They offered me £10 off a month instead of a phone, but that cancels out my 25% discount and gives me a net saving of £30 over the year. Whoopee.

So T-Mobile can shaft themselves. Can anyone recommend another operator? The lady in Carphone Warehouse recommended O2, but they spook me for some reason.

Comment

o2 rocks. £35 per month= 600 X minutes, and 1000 X texts.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've just got a new phone from work - Blackberry 8100 Pearl. Well chuffed with it, especially as it's costing me nowt!

Just ordered a 2GB micro SD so I can rip some crap onto it for the journey into work.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai View Post

I'm on a Flext 25 contract which finished at the end of October. So it was time for an upgrade from my W810i.

"Alright" thought I, "they've been harping on about the K850i, I'll go check that one out."
                        Seems pretty nice. The buttons are a bit weird, but I'm sure I could get used to it. Nice features, big screen. Great! What's the price? ?80 on my contract or free on the ?35 a month one? Well, that's not abominable. I was considering moving up anyway, as I need more minutes.

So I go over to the counter and the guy there looks it up in his big book o'phones. So the upgrade price for that is..... ?200! What? The? That's patently ridiculous. They want me to sign a new contract with them and what incentive do I have? Nothing. That's what. Nothing.
                        He called up the upgrade team, and apparently they can't do a thing, even if I do move up to a more expensive contract.

They offered me ?10 off a month instead of a phone, but that cancels out my 25% discount and gives me a net saving of ?30 over the year. Whoopee.

So T-Mobile can shaft themselves. Can anyone recommend another operator? The lady in Carphone Warehouse recommended O2, but they spook me for some reason.
                        I got a good deal on Orange. 500 minutes, unlimited texts for ?35 a month. Well, I thought it were pretty good anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai View Post

Seems pretty nice. The buttons are a bit weird, but I'm sure I could get used to it. Nice features, big screen. Great! What's the price? ?80 on my contract or free on the ?35 a month one? Well, that's not abominable. I was considering moving up anyway, as I need more minutes.

So I go over to the counter and the guy there looks it up in his big book o'phones. So the upgrade price for that is..... ?200! What? The? That's patently ridiculous. They want me to sign a new contract with them and what incentive do I have? Nothing. That's what. Nothing.

They offered me ?10 off a month instead of a phone, but that cancels out my 25% discount and gives me a net saving of ?30 over the year. Whoopee.

Call T-Mobile and speak to them. We tried to get wifey a new phone from the T-mobile shop @ the weekend, but they didn't have W910i which she wanted and even if they did, it would cost ?10 to upgrade. So, gutted as we were, we went home and as I was driving back, I said she should phone them - and what do you know, due to her loyalty, she could have that phone, and the tariff she wanted and it wouldn't cost her a thing as she was a loyal customer - so Mag dude, give them a call, you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I was hoping to stay on T-Mobile as I've got a lifetime 25% discount from them, so I'll try calling them myself. The guy at the shop did say that their upgrade policy had changed yesterday though. And £10? If mine was only £10 I'd have happily paid that. They wanted about £200 from me!

Comment

I rang up O2 to cancel my Mrs phone, was given a new package (£25 a month worth) and a Credit of £300 effectively making the next year completely free.

Comment

orange do some great deals, i got 600 mins, unlimited texts, ?100 credit on my account, latest sony cyber shot phone with a gig memory card, all for ?35 a month, and the magic number on orange saves my minuites caus i set the girlfreind up on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X