Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a 6500 classic a couple of weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it so far. I've finally sorted out my super quick battery drain troubles by disabling 3G, which is no faster than gprs in my area it seemed and now my battery is running down to nothing from a few hours of browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      I got a 6500 classic a couple of weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it so far. I've finally sorted out my super quick battery drain troubles by disabling 3G, which is no faster than gprs in my area it seemed and now my battery is running down to nothing from a few hours of browsing.
      How on earth do you 'disable' 3G on your phone mate?

I have the Nokia 6300 and the battery - despite hardly ever using it on a daily basis - depletes very quickly.

I managed to get rid of the Bluetooth icon that I probably used once or twice to transfer a few photos and that helped save the odd juice of the battery so it would be nice to get rid of the 3G icon/function for good.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

How on earth do you 'disable' 3G on your phone mate?

I have the Nokia 6300 and the battery - despite hardly ever using it on a daily basis - depletes very quickly.

I managed to get rid of the Bluetooth icon that I probably used once or twice to transfer a few photos and that helped save the odd juice of the battery so it would be nice to get rid of the 3G icon/function for good.

Cheers!

The 6300 isnt a 3G phone.

the battery is just poor on that model so not much you can do about it

Comment

On my 6120 you can disable 3g by going into settings then network and you can select gprs or umts. 3g is by far the faster for me but the battery does get eaten.

Comment

On mine there is a setting somewhere that lets you choose between Packet Data and GSM. Setting it to GSM stops the 3G shizzle

Comment

I got an iPhone for my birthday (about a month and a half ago), and I absolutely love it. It easily outclasses any cell I've had before, and when I look at other phones, I have no interest whatsoever. And, having it with me means I don't have to carry around my iPod, so there's one less device I have to keep with me. I just love it.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber View Post
                I got an iPhone for my birthday (about a month and a half ago), and I absolutely love it. It easily outclasses any cell I've had before, and when I look at other phones, I have no interest whatsoever. And, having it with me means I don't have to carry around my iPod, so there's one less device I have to keep with me. I just love it.
                Lol, iPhone. k850i with 8gb M2=iphail.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Apart from the lack of wifi, much less intuitive interface, and no where near as good a web browser...

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Lol, iPhone. k850i with 8gb M2=iphail.
                    I no speak your languange. To clarify, please.

Comment

The Sony-Ericsson k850i loaded with 8gb of external memory makes for a much better all-in-one phone and music device. Personally I find the iPhone to be the suq.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                        Apart from the lack of wifi, much less intuitive interface, and no where near as good a web browser...
                        Indeed. I'm not James Bond...
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          The Sony-Ericsson k850i loaded with 8gb of external memory makes for a much better all-in-one phone and music device. Personally I find the iPhone to be the suck personally.
                          Fair enough. My two complaints about the iPhone. 1) Here in the states, it's still only onthe Edge network, and that blows. 2) 8GB's is not a lot of space. But, that aside, I love it. I own a lot of music that I get off of the iTunes store (plus some TV episodes and such), and the iPhone is of course perfectly compatible with those. For another, the UI is the simplest to use I've ever seen. I also love the built-in WiFi, so when I'm at home I can surf around and do whatever I want at broadband speeds, as well as when I'm around other WiFi hotspots. The web browser is fully functional so far as I can tell, so I never have to deal with a web site not being formatted for mobile devices. I like the camera, I love that I can use web apps, and the form factor is perfection. All in all, it fits every need I have, and some I didn't even know about.

Comment

You dont have to be a spy to use a web browser... I think you must be using one to read this site?

Each to their own anyway. World would be a dull place if we all liked the same things!

Comment

iPhone tariffs have been updated by o2 it seems. ?35 now nets you 600 minutes and 500 texts, ?45 now gets you 1200 minutes and 500 texts and ?75 gets you 3000 minutes and 500 texts. All existing customers will be moved over automatically it seems.

Comment

Yeh got my text at Linkin Park gig last night. Brilliant upgrade

Comment

Working...
                                X