This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Also, despite the good battery life I do wish it had a changeable battery.
    Yeah, waterproof vs changeable battery.
    I just got an intocircuit power castle - 1A and 2.1A ports so it'll do tablets too. Took the Nexus 5 from 28% to full with 25% on the power castle, so guess about 3 full charges.
    Also, someone on friends list put their Z3 in water and discovered it wasn't actually waterproof at all. Is it just splashproof or actually meant to be depth proof?

Comment

Meant to be able to be used underwater but I've read some horror stories lol

Comment

Yeah something like up to a metre deep for 90 seconds I think, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

I have a Z1 Compact, which I love, but there are a few issues I've had with it.

Firstly, the phone bent. It's been in a case since day one, but it's a known issue that as the phone gets hot, it can bend. Doing anything strenuous and charging it makes it hot, so it's pretty likely.

This meant the screen popped up out of its frame and even though I had a screen protector on, I managed to drop it 7cm onto the exposed edge and the screen cracked. I replaced the screen and sealing tape, but because I can't bend the phone back, there's always a gap so it'll never be waterproof again.

Whilst it was being repaired, I took out the micro SIM card out of the mini SIM adaptor and put the adaptor back in the phone for safekeeping.
          BIG MISTAKE!
          The pins on the SIM reader unit went up through the gap and then I was unable to remove it, eventually doing so, but damaging the pins. I then had to have the SIM reader replaced. *sigh*

So learn from my mistake and never put a SIM adaptor into the SIM slot without a card in it.

Aside from that, it's a great phone!

Comment

Too late. I read your post and remembered I had done this very thing with a BQ Ubuntu phone. Just spent the last 15 minutes trying to get the tray out. I used a thin sliver of plastic to slide in to where the nano sim would be and after a but I managed to get it to come out. Just put a sim in and all is well.Phew!

So, I can confirm this is a stupid ting to do.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Yeah something like up to a metre deep for 90 seconds I think, but don't quote me on that.
              1.5m for up to 30 minutes apparently.

Comment

I'm sorry Brad, I should've said sooner!

I really enjoyed watching this video that tests the waterproof capabilities of the Z1 Compact...

Comment

Hmmm, I can see why. Great investigative testing, really got to the nubs of the issue and kept abreast of the developments in waterproofing tech. Didn't seem to cover the problem of the open mammary card slot when in the water, but I think they just made a bit of a boob there.

Comment

Well done sir!

Comment

Ahthankyoh!

Comment

Anyone got experience of the free 'Here' maps with the Lumia phones. Are they standalone i.e. no connection required so basically like a TomTom.

Ta.

Comment

Yep. Got Croatia maps loaded onto mine ready for a trip soon.

I'm on Android but I guess offline is supported on Windows phone too.

Comment

Cheers, didn't know they were on Android! Only problem is they don't work with my current phone!

Comment

Here maps came out for IOS also.

Google maps has an offline mode now anyway where you can download data for a particular area.

Comment

Here has a cool speed limit warning for drivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X