Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I'll have another look, but when I went to activate it before, one of the first screens that comes up asks whether you want to transfer your number over from another network / contract, and has a box to enter your PAC code.

I assumed if I skipped past that bit then I'd be given a different number and that would be that.

Comment

you're right in thinking that you need the PAC code to release the number from Vodafone. I would just ring back and ask to speak to a supervisor since over on the official Apple forum, people have been given codes over the phone once they escalate the problem. It's just Vodafone throwing all its toys out of the pram by keeping you on their network for a bit longer.

Comment

Cheers for that, I phoned Vodafone again last night, and although the girl I spoke to initially refused to help, after she found out that I already had an iPhone and was waiting to activate it, she miraculously gained the ability to find my PAC code and text it to me within a few minutes

Comment

Good to see the liars at Carphone Warehouse being exposed on Watchdog!

Comment

Long shot... but does anyone know any places selling the Porsche P9521 phone, for less than £500? Only place I can see with them is pixmania, £707, and going for around that on ebay... Don't want to pay that much though!

Comment

Some people will buy anything with a Porsche badge on it

*cough* Sagem *cough*

Comment

I can't speak for other people, but I certainly will

Comment

If the iPhone had not appeared I would have bought the Porsche Design phone. It looks the business. And it's being made by Sagem Germany so hopefully no shonky French build quality.

Comment

Is there a new iphone coming soon? (one with faster internet connectivity, MMS, iChat etc)

I only ask because I found myself in the apple store again today playing with one

Comment

A 3g one is rumored for next year (it's inevitable if you ask me) mms is also rumored to be coming soon in a possible firmware update. So whether you wait or not is your choice.

Comment

You can send MMS messages via an app you install once you jailbreak the phone. Can't recieve them though.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          Is there a new iphone coming soon? (one with faster internet connectivity, MMS, iChat etc)

I only ask because I found myself in the apple store again today playing with one
                          I don't think it will be too long before Apple adds MMS to appease the European market. That's the beauty of the iPhone though. Buy one now and it's only likely to get more features added via updates in the future.

3G would be nice but Edge is actually pretty decent, reminds me of the 256kb 'broadband' my other half had at her old house. And Wi-Fi is great and surprisingly widespread. Even in Scotland!

Check out the above clip for an iPhone on Edge vs. a Nokia on 3G. Not much in it at all. Plus the iPhone has the best browser this side of a laptop.

Comment

Edge seems quite quick but I don't think anywhere near me has coverage.

It's the best phone I've ever used by a huge margin, but I don't want to fork out £300 + a 18 month contract if a better version is just around the corner.

Comment

anyone have any links on that

Sony Walkman phone.. latest one.

Comment

Samsung G800 or LG Viewty?

Swaying towards the Viewty at the moment because of the bulk of the G800 and the bell end salesman recommending the G800

Comment

Working...
                                X