• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither?

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Do you have other choices? I mean, personally I hate the Samsung interface, and the Viewty is getting naffish reviews, so if you have other choices then it might be worth investigating them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          Do you have other choices? I mean, personally I hate the Samsung interface, and the Viewty is getting naffish reviews, so if you have other choices then it might be worth investigating them...
          Not really mate, i just went round looking at dinner time.
          I don't want an N95 - Four of my friends have had to replace theirs anything up to 5 times in one case. I would get one if it could be realiable, but i won't buy a nokia for that reason.

I looked at the viewty because it seemed to be a good spec phone with a touchscreen. Its has the spec sheet the iPhone should have had imo.

I only noticed the G800 when i went out at lunch, it looks nice and seems to have a good feature set. I've just seen some reviews and am now swaying towards the G800 tbh. I am limited to what i can get on O2 because i have a staff discounted tariff with them(My cousin works for them).

Comment

I'm suprprised about your opinions on the viewty because all i've read are good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              Edge seems quite quick but I don't think anywhere near me has coverage.

It's the best phone I've ever used by a huge margin, but I don't want to fork out ?300 + a 18 month contract if a better version is just around the corner.
              From what I can gather if there is a new model released during your contract you can just go ahead and buy it and retain your existing contract.

Comment

Why does everyone crave these all in one phones that are just jacks of all trades masters of none. If you want a PDA get a good separate PDA, as far as phones go i dont think you can beat the Nokia Luna 8600, I wouldnt swap mine for anything else.

Comment

it's the way phones are sold these days. Feature creep and oneupmanship for the marketing boys. Realistically I would bet that far more boggo phones are sold than higher end stuff.
                  Do PDA's still exist? Mobiles seem to have replicated a lot of the functionality they have.
                  The iPhone has given us a decent usable interface for a phone and is the beginning of a new mobile computing platform.
                  Personally I think it's great to have decent internet access anywhere.

Comment

So I went to upgrade to the new N95 8gb, and the price + contract came back the same as an iphone! I almost died in the shop.

I want to be able to install apps like the N series but have the useability of the iPhone. If I'm going to be spending that much I don't particularly want to compromise on either side!

Comment

The iPhone SDK is out next month. There will be plenty of apps for the iPhone then.

Comment

I'm due my upgrade in the next couple of weeks, got my eye on the Nokia E51 Doubt I will be swayed to be honest, just wondering if anyone has one and can tell me how great it is

Comment

The Nokia E51 is a lovely phone. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I'm a fan of the rose steel - the white steel looked a bit flashy, and the black was lightly dull. The bronzey version is a nice middle ground. This was my first Nokia S60 phone, having avoided them in the past due to their reputation for being slow. But to me this phone seems more than snappy enough. Better than my Vodafone N95 8GB which came through on my upgrade the other day!

But it's a nice sized phone, decent little screen, I like the (customisable) shortcut buttons for contacts/messages/calendar/menu. Keys feel nice, though the difference in using the T9 coming from an SE (due to different keys for cycling through options) did my head in a bit! You'll see comments around about the side / power buttons being a bit stiff. I found that as well, but doesn't really bother me - they are still usable. The camera is a bit rubbish, but I guess that's to be expected. Wifi works well. Battery life is a bit difficult to judge, because it's not my primary phone currently, so I haven't been been battering it consistently. But on standby with a few calls / wifi it seems to go on for a few days.

Oh yes, and it has a nice little flashing indicator LED that you can use as a new message / missed call alert. I like that!

Comment

Thanks for the impressions Cobertizo, looking forward to getting mine even more now!

I was a bit reluctant to go to a S60 phone myself, but it seems like all Nokia are going down that road, so you have to get one sooner or later! Not so fussed about the camera, but everything else sounds really good!

I think T-Mobile (the network I am on) only do the phone in Silver, possibly black too, but then it will live in my pocked most of the time

Thanks again

Comment

E51 looks ideal, think that's the one for me (and not too expensive!). Went into the carphonewarehouse yesterday and they didn't even know what it was!

Comment

When i was looking for an E51 not long ago, the orange refurb shop online (who's URL escapes me!) was the cheapest for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X