This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icarus0
    Its true that it is a lot nicer to touch than plastic however despite my best efforts and handling it with kid gloves, I still managed to scratch it a couple of times before I applied the screen to mine.
    That's strange. I'm not overly careful with mine and the glass is pristine as soon as I breathe on it and give it a bit of a wipe. The back is scratched as hell though xD

Originally posted by rickt
    I am coming up to the time in my contract for a free upgrade and wondered if anyone had any experiences with a blackberry (I would like an iphone but am on vodafone so no chance) so am looking at other options with a blackberry being one.
    Yeah man, Blackberries are great. Which model are you thinking about? The Storm is awful, avoid at all costs. It's a truly useless, bulky, crappy device. The Bold is awesome, and the Curve is nice too. Fast and very well designed mobile devices.
    Last edited by wakka; 17-04-2009, 21:21.

Comment

My contract is nearly up and I will be getting a new one soon enough (currently on N73 with unlimited internet). What are your recommendations for a good all round phone? Not to fussed with the latest tech, use my phone more for email and text than actually phone use. Needs a decent camera though.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
        That's strange. I'm not overly careful with mine and the glass is pristine as soon as I breathe on it and give it a bit of a wipe. The back is scratched as hell though xD
        You have to bear in mind I am pretty clumsy though

I don't particularly like having the screen on it but after scratching it a few times, I thought that I should take the plunge and get the case otherwise it would be almost ruined after a few months - not what I wanted after spending so much on it!

Comment

I'm away for a few days, and I'll need a second phone with me. I already have a SIM for the destination GSM network so I just need a handset. Nothing too flash, but reasonably capable - preferably a Nokia so I can share data with PC Suite (bloody proprietary technology). To give you an idea of what I like, I had an N73 which I loved and only moved on from when it fell apart, and now have an E71.

More important than a model recommendation is where can I buy one on the high street at a decent price? I've left it a bit late so buying online is out. Is Cex the only option?

Comment

Got my Nokia 5800 up & running today...it's quite a funky phone to be honest...just like an iPhone in theory has some pretty cool features & screen is very good for the demo videos on there.

Anyone know of any good apps I should be looking at downloading for it??
            Free ones preferably

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
              Anyone care to share their opinions on the Nokia 6500 classic or let me know if a replacement model is imminent?
              good phone if you want a good looking phone features are not the best but it does calls texts and the internet just fine, cheap price now also only problem is mine and a mates have both broke(software faults) the nokia 6700 is out around june to replace it, better spec doesn't look quite as good(more of a replacement for the 6300 really)

Comment

Thanks for that. It seems the principal advantage of the 6700 is the 5mp camera. I agree it's not as good looking and is also slightly bigger. It does also have better web browsing capabilities but I'm not proposing to do any of that so I don't think it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Got my Nokia 5800 up & running today...it's quite a funky phone to be honest...just like an iPhone in theory has some pretty cool features & screen is very good for the demo videos on there.

Anyone know of any good apps I should be looking at downloading for it??
                  Free ones preferably

Neil
                  Mine should be waiting for me at home when I get back tonight or at the latest tomorrow.

I'd be interested to hear the same about apps/games etc.

Let me know if you've found anything Soundwave.

Comment

Thought I'd ask this in here, rather than knocking up a new thread, but can anyone tell me how I'd go about getting my current mobile unlocked once my contract expires at the end of the month?

I'm with 3 atm (probably the worst provider of the lot due to their shoddy network) and want to switch to an O2 sim only deal

Are 3 likely going to want to unlock my phone for me? If so, how much might it cost me, but if not could I unlock it myself somehow?

Edit: Should mention my phone's a nokia 6500s checked out various google links and apparently it's too recent a phone to unlock with a free code
                    Last edited by Daragon; 22-04-2009, 22:21.

Comment

I don't know how easy it is to do because the codes you get online don't work for the newer Nokia models. I had the same problem with my 6120c and have given up. I called T-mobile and they said they would do it for £30 but the code could take up to 30 days to arrive, I'm not even sure a code unlock would work. So call your provider is a possibility.

Comment

Just got me an Xperia today. I'm finding it very hard to use TBH. The SD card slot doesn't seem to work with my 4GB SDHC card either. Is this a known problem?
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-04-2009, 17:30.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

i have a quandry and i would like to know what you would do

my current contract has now ended and i'm looking for something else

my current options are:

1. get a sim only deal as i've recently bought a C510

2. Get a new phone with Vodafone for ?40 over 12 months and the phone would be the C905

3. Get the Iphone for free for ?35 but its on a 2 year contract

I'm honestly stuck

Comment

iPhone, iPhone, iPhone all the way!! simply the best phone i have ever had (and ive had a load!!) ive been told by 3 o2 chaps and 3 cpw chaps that anyone with the 2 year contract will get the free upgrade from the 3g to next iPhone as well (much like the 2g to 3g one) so definately worth it!! i use the phone for everything now, number 2 bit of tech in my life (behind my 360! lol)

Aaron

Comment

Will it last 2 years

thats my problem with 2 year contracts

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
                                iPhone, iPhone, iPhone all the way!! simply the best phone i have ever had (and ive had a load!!) ive been told by 3 o2 chaps and 3 cpw chaps that anyone with the 2 year contract will get the free upgrade from the 3g to next iPhone as well (much like the 2g to 3g one) so definately worth it!! i use the phone for everything now, number 2 bit of tech in my life (behind my 360! lol)

Aaron
                                Same here I hated all the apple crap that came out, and then I played with a 3g and was sold.
                                I used to sell mobiles for a living and 4 contracts a year was not out of the question, I would get bored or something shiny would come out.
                                I got the 3g on an 18 month and have not looked back

Comment

Working...
                                X