X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
    Please elaborate.

Managed to get this at ?15 a month and only paying ?20 for the phone. Only downside is its a 2 year contact but I get 300 minutes , unlimited texts and unlimited internet which is perfect for my needs.

The phone itself is lovely, nice clear screen and the touch screen is every bit as good as the iphone. I'm using it now to post here

Comment

Buckled and bought the Desire today.

What. A. Phone.

Amazing display, lovely and responsive, absurdly fast for surfing the Internet in a 3G area.

I'm away to have another play with it now and get deeper into the settings etc, but first impressions after an hour of playing are that it's brilliant.

Comment

Very tempted myself. Gonna see what the iPhone OS update is about tomorrow and may pull the trigger on Friday. Could you guys with the phone tell me how visible the screen is outdoors please? This is one of the few potential issues I've heard about.

Comment

Can't say i'm having too much of a problem with it. I sit behind a big window in work and while it obviously reflects things, its fine if you angle it to reduce the glare. It has an option to auto sense the light level too and adjusts the screen accordingly. I'm typing this on it right now with very little problem - well apart from me getting used to touch screen writing.

I love this phone

Comment

I want a Desire. My contracts not up for another 6 months though

What's the google chat functionality like? It annoys me having to run a slightly buggy app on my nokia for that but I think it's a standard feature on the Desire?

Comment

Nokia have totally failed recently haven't they. I reckon they should ditch Symbian for Android/WinMo.

Comment

How does everyone go about syncing their contacts and stuff with their PC on all their smartphones on each OS (windows mob/iphone/android)?

Comment

I use iTunes to sync my iPhones contacts to my Gmail account so I always have them incase anything happens to my iPhone or iTunes. Easy peasy.

Comment

just sync mine with my outlook/windows contacts

Comment

Do any of them sync with any linux apps/contacts?

Also, what's the best way of reading emails on the move if you already have an email account?
                      e.g. use imap via email app, or use webmail via browser, or.... exchange/blackberry type thing (I don't really know much about this - my understanding is that these things push to your phone, but can you use your own email address?)

Comment

I only know about iPhone but when you set up the mail account it asks for your email address and there are several providers that it just works with automatically like Gmail. Otherwise you might have to tinker about but I'm sure you can get any email address set up to push to the iPhone mail app.

Comment

Coolo. If you use the phone for email, can you still access them on your PC too? i.e. imap style, not pop3.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                            If anyone does get their hands on a Desire I'd appreciate some impressions - particularly about any Bluetooth problems. I'm reading that it's not syncing with a lot of devices, which could be a major bummer for me and my cars hands free kit.

Review there, but no mention of bluetooth.

Comment

Ordered a Desire online from T-Mobile but they're out of stock. Was also sold out in about 7 mobile shops I visited yesterday. Annoying!
                              Last edited by NW2013; 08-04-2010, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/04...ire/page4.html
                                Review there, but no mention of bluetooth.
                                Too late now I've bought one

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Coolo. If you use the phone for email, can you still access them on your PC too? i.e. imap style, not pop3.
                                Most smart phones will allow you to use IMAP setups now. I'm operating that kind of set up on the Desire.
                                Last edited by Spatial; 08-04-2010, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X