This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
    Another vote for the HTC Hero, had it a week or so now and I love it, so intuitive. Only down side is the camera, great in good light, poor in any other condition.
    Chock one up for the htc hero here too. Just got one free with orange and functionality wise its virtually the same as my iphone 2g (although there are differences of course, the copy and paste on the hero isnt as good for example) the virtual keyboard ist that far behind the iphone either. Even comes with a pair of headphone with an inline mic for calls and track control. Sense UI is quite lovely too. Looking forward to FREE turn by turn sat nav next month as well

Anyone else who has a hero and misses there itunes sync for music, go grab yourself itunes my walkman for free. It can even be set up to automatically sync the device as soon as its connected to your computer. Works with any generic mass storage device or phone with storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      Missus has one, really likes it. She hasnt done much media related and the standard blackberry browser is poor but Opera mobile is available on blackberry.

The keyboard is very good. She also has a facebook app for it, which she uses far too much.
      The keyboard is a plus point for me, as I'm not a massive fan of touch screen gubbins. Does she rate the "phone functions" on it? My last three phones have really let me down on voice clarity and signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
        Any of you chaps got any experience with the Blackberry Bold 9700? I fancy making the smartphone jump, but I'm generally clueless on the subject.
        Also it's worth checking out the Nokia E71 and E72 in the shops. I have an E71 myself and it's got a nice small (so can still be used one handed if needed), metal form factor yet still has an awesome keyboard (I never hit any incorrect keys).

Comment

Any of you chaps got any experience with the Blackberry Bold 9700?
          This is the best Blackberry yet. I would've preferred this device in a 9000 size but fine with it being slightly smaller.
          I don't use much of the media stuff. Audio quality is remarkably good (better than iPhone IMO) and you can use regular MicroSD for storage. Battery life excellent using time shutdown/startup and turning off 3G/Wifi if not needed.
          Office to go is a godsend and like Xbox live, it is better if all your mates are using one too for Blackberry messenger.

Comment

Excellent. That settles it for me. Blackberry Bold 9700 it is

Nokia don't exist as far as I'm concerned now. I used to love them, but the last two phones I have owned have been Nokia made, and they have had shoddy build quality, and lose signal far too easily (was on the same network as the wife, and her sony ericsson had good reception in the house while my phone struggled).

Comment

My wife has a 9700. She had a 9000 before and loved it and upgrading to the 9700 was a no brainer for her. Blackberrys are probably THE best phones on the market to use so easily at the moment. I have a HTC Hero which I love just want sodding Android 2.1 to come out, that's the problem having it on Orange.

Comment

Nokia don't exist as far as I'm concerned now. I used to love them, but the last two phones I have owned have been Nokia made, and they have had shoddy build quality,
                Sounds like you've just been unlucky as Nokia's build quality is widely held to be one of the best in the business.

On an personal level last April my girlfriend was knocked down by a car, the first point of impact was her Nokia 5800 in her pocket. It was months before she could walk normally and she's still undergoing physio for her the damage done to her wrist. The phone however took only a very minor scuff and has worked perfectly with no problems since. Another friend of mine has thrown her Nokia at concrete walls on several occasions and dropped it on nearly a dozen more, sure some of the casing cracked off but it still works fine with perfect call quality. I used to have an N76 flip phone, dropped it from chest height onto pebbled concrete and watched it bounce 4 times, it took only a minor dent on one edge and remained intact whereas most other flip phones would have shattered at the hinges.

Comment

Where do Nokia typically have their phones made now (China I suspect)? My last three Nokia phones from a few years ago were made in Germany and Finland to my surprise!

Comment

Non smartphone wise I think you can't beat the Nokia 6300. Great build quality, stable and reliable. I still have a 6 year old 6310i as a backup as it always works even when not used for 12 months and it is on the original battery.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                      Non smartphone wise I think you can't beat the Nokia 6300. Great build quality, stable and reliable.
                      I used to have that phone until I was given the opportunity to upgrade to the newest model, the Nokia 6303 classic. It is very similar to the 6300 but it's just a little bit better and that is all I can ask for.

I think it feels heavier - although that might just be my mind playing tricks on me - but is more sturdy overall. It looks more 'businessy' too.

On the subject of smart-phones, is anyone thinking of getting the Google phone, the Nexus One?

Comment

Will it be possible to upgrade from WinMo 6.5 to WinMo 7? Wouldn't it also be great if you could change mobile OS, i.e. from WinMo to Android?

Comment

For anyone running an android device. Be sure to grab yourself gameboid off the market. Free GBA emulator, works quite well. Sunk 8 hours into poke green leaf already

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                            Will it be possible to upgrade from WinMo 6.5 to WinMo 7? Wouldn't it also be great if you could change mobile OS, i.e. from WinMo to Android?
                            I doubt it, Windows 7 requires the hardware to meet a minimum specification.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82
                              No, you'll have to buy a new device I'm afraid.

Comment

Does anybody have an HTC HD2 at all? What do they think of it?

Are there any good Megadrive or MAME emulators on it? I know there's a Playstation and SNES emulator.

Look, I'm not lying!

Comment

Working...
                                X