Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i managed to get a cracking deal from t-mobile on the desire so just waiting for it to arrive

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
      i managed to get a cracking deal from t-mobile on the desire so just waiting for it to arrive
      What's the deal? £120 for phone @ £15 per month (18 mth contract) total cost £390

Comment

Apparently Orange are shipping the Desire on the 2nd, but I can't find any information on their own site so it might be bogus. May have to phone them tonight as I was planning to jump ship but they offered me some incentives. If I can wangle one of a good contract I might stay.

Comment

I think I've finally settled of going down the route of buying it outright and then getting a Sim only tariff.

I can't stand being locked into anything more than 12 months, so that'll suit me fine.

I've found I can reduce my existing tariff to just £10 a month, meaning I can also get the Desire with a lot more minutes and texts than I'm paying for now, for the same monthly price.

Just need places to start getting stock in now.

Comment

I can understand that, I would begrudgingly accept an 18 month one. The 24 month ones seem utter balls. Considering how fast the phone technology is moving.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
              Please elaborate.

Comment

Hope they've sorted a lot of the bugs for the HTC Desire. Bloke opposite me at work has a Nexus One, and he's constantly saying how buggy the thing is. He has a right game sending a text message (usually involves rotating the phone around several times before it lets him actually type a reply!).

Comment

We should count ourselves lucky, seems like Canadian networks like Rogers lock their customers into THREE YEAR contracts for smartphones now. THREE YEARS. What is that seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                    We should count ourselves lucky, seems like Canadian networks like Rogers lock their customers into THREE YEAR contracts for smartphones now. THREE YEARS. What is that seriously
                    Do they offer you an upgrade mid-term? (but resign you up for another three?).

I know with O2 Business, its 2 years contracts, but you get an upgrade mid way through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                      I think I've finally settled of going down the route of buying it outright and then getting a Sim only tariff.

I can't stand being locked into anything more than 12 months, so that'll suit me fine.

I've found I can reduce my existing tariff to just ?10 a month, meaning I can also get the Desire with a lot more minutes and texts than I'm paying for now, for the same monthly price.

Just need places to start getting stock in now.
                      Not the only one. I am very likely to buy an iPhone in June outright and reduce the monthly tarriff to 15/20 a month (half what I'm paying now with more minutes & texts). Not only is hardware changing all the time, but the phones end-up degrading in quality and lose resale value too.

Comment

The speed at which the smartphone market is flying along at the moment is pretty amazing.

Companies are getting left behind pretty quickly too - take the, as yet unreleased, SE X10

a stonker of a phone (and I've always had a soft spot for SE phones) but it doesn't come with multi touch and won't ever because it doesn't support it. Stuff's getting left behind before it's even released.

If anyone does get their hands on a Desire I'd appreciate some impressions - particularly about any Bluetooth problems. I'm reading that it's not syncing with a lot of devices, which could be a major bummer for me and my cars hands free kit.

Comment

I think the X10 is out now.... http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...E-0604AAFEAF3B

Only just mind.

I think people are scared of adding multi touch now, thanks to Apple suing everyone who does. Although given that they're now being sued by someone who actually has the patent to multi touch, things can, and will change.

Whats the urge for Desires btw? I had a go with the guy's Nexus One (which is pretty much the Desire) and I was so underwhelmed!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                            I think the X10 is out now.... http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...E-0604AAFEAF3B

Only just mind.
                            Just shows how quick things are moving - I can't keep up

Comment

What I really want is a phone with a multi touch screen and a qwerty keyboard. Sadly that is incompatible with my requirement as regards the size of the device!

I currently sport a Nokia E72 on Virgin. Has qwerty and coupled with Virgin's 'it's ok to tether' policy it means I can get my PSP Go onto the internet pretty much anywhere. probably the best phone I've ever had.

Comment

The multi touch thing was a problem for me too, coming form the iphone after 2 years and still the only phone to have caught up with it is the HERO, and even that is missing multi touch from google maps.

Next phone i get will be an iphone again, soon as they sort the camera out that is. For the time being my HERO is pretty awsome.

Comment

Working...
                                X