This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 112 View Post
    Im a bit confused about this Android shizz........ Is it possible for me to get Android on my current smart phone? If so, where and how can I get this?
    Nope.... not unless you have a device that was specifically an Android phone to start with... (although you can hack Android OS onto an iPhone)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Nope.... not unless you have a device that was specifically an Android phone to start with... (although you can hack Android OS onto an iPhone)
      Ahh........ I see, I figured as much......... Typical really.........

Thanks for the info Chris!

Comment

Meh. I eat my own words. Just had a call from my phone provider offering me a free HTC Desire. Why not eh.

Comment

Hello folks, I'm afetra new contract as my current AWESOME deal comes to an end. What I'm after is the maximum amount of minutes and maximum texts, it doesn't have to be a great phone....can anybody recommend anything?

I did come across this website but i'm not too sure about the site or cashback schemes....

Our simple comparison tools allow you to search millions of contract mobile phones to easily find you the cheapest deal.

http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co....ts=&redemption=

What do people think?

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock View Post
            Hello folks, I'm afetra new contract as my current AWESOME deal comes to an end. What I'm after is the maximum amount of minutes and maximum texts, it doesn't have to be a great phone....can anybody recommend anything?

I did come across this website but i'm not too sure about the site or cashback schemes....

Our simple comparison tools allow you to search millions of contract mobile phones to easily find you the cheapest deal.

http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co....ts=&redemption=

What do people think?
            can anyone help?

Comment

Have you tried looking at some of the sim only contracts from various providers? They give you a lot of minutes and texts but no phone. My friend recently got a decent contract of this kind with Vodafone. I think 3 offer the most minutes but that depends on your area, where I live they have reception problems.

After my current contract runs out I'm probably going to get a Vodafone sim only contract as they have excellent coverage.

Comment

Is the new Android firmware (Froyo) out for user yet? I heard someone say that someone has it for their Desire. I have a Desire. but when I try to update it via the phone, it says it is already up to date.

Probably not even out then Me and my overhearing idle chit chat (which I probably Chinese whisperedized to myself).

Comment

Probably wont be out for the Desire for ages. It's STILL not officially out for the Nexus One, although the source code is, so it won't be long.

HOWEVER... There are "home made" versions of 2.2 for Desire, but its try at your own peril... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690477 So perhaps the people you overheard have that...

Comment

Nah, I'm cool. Phone functions fine. I'll wait.

Comment

HTC have said the Desire will definitely get 2.2 at some point this year (how's that for vague?)

The official 'gone gold' release of Froyo was earlier this week so they should be able to start work on it now.

Comment

Us hero users are STILL waiting on the 2.1 update, so i wouldn't expect htc to bother with the desire for a good while.

Comment

Anyone here used both an iPhone and a HTC Desire?

Been using an iPhone since the 3G got released but I now have a Desire on the way due to an upgrade and am unsure on whether to sell it or sell my current iPhone 3Gs.

I've never used an Android phone so I'm unsure on which is better.

Edit - Thought I'd say I posted this from my mobile, looking through previous posts now as it looks to have been discussed a bit recently.
                          Last edited by Myth; 02-07-2010, 16:27.

Comment

I had an iPhone for 2 years, and now have a Desire. Depends what you want out of a phone really. Desire has a lot of freedom to do what you want, and Android is a really good operating system IMHO. If you just want loads of apps, then go for iPhone.

I'd take a Desire over a 3GS. Would have to think about it for a bit if it was an iPhone 4, but even then i think i would favour the Desire as the operating system is just a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                              Anyone here used both an iPhone and a HTC Desire?

Been using an iPhone since the 3G got released but I now have a Desire on the way due to an upgrade and am unsure on whether to sell it or sell my current iPhone 3Gs.

I've never used an Android phone so I'm unsure on which is better.

Edit - Thought I'd say I posted this from my mobile, looking through previous posts now as it looks to have been discussed a bit recently.
                              Id favour the desire over an iphone too (haven't used an iphone4 so cant comment on that) the sense skin on top of android is brilliant, having live widgets on the screen is bloody handy.

Comment

I think the colours are slightly nicer on an iPhone 4, but resolution wise i couldn't tell much, if any, difference!

Sense is really nice though.

Comment

Working...
                                X