Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd probably want to buy your own card anyway if you're viewing movies, as it'll probably be some stinky class 2 card they chuck in and class 6 is recommended for video.

My Desire (non-HD) came with a 4GB one, so I would imagine similar.

Comment

Same speed class, as my TZ7 that I treated myself to last year

Also, is there a free app for Divx files Chris

Comment

Originally posted by aidey6 View Post
        Same speed class, as my TZ7 that I treated myself to last year

Also, is there a free app for Divx files Chris
        I did see somewhere that there's a player on the android store that plays Divx files, though i don't think either phone plays that format out the box yet.

Was looking at locations for it yesterday demonstrated at a show, finally maps that are on the phone and don't require a connection, though you have to pay for them.
        Hopefully you can download entire country maps and not just city's.

Might be plumping for one i think, my contract isn't up till august next year and my hero (while a great ltiile phone) is decidedly creaky these days, and the desire hd is a dam sexy bit of kit.

Comment

Not sure about DIVX mate I'm afraid. Don't tend to watch videos on my phone DavidH might know if he's about....

Comment

My source tells me this is what you're looking for http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/index_en.html

RockPlayer can support audio and video container format: avi mkv rmvb mp4 mov wmv asf wma wav mpg ts mpa dvd au mp3 mid ivf aiff ogm ogg cda flic d2v aac roq flac drc dsm swf pls pmp.Audio and video encoding format AAC AC3 DTS FLV4 LPCM ALAW ULAW MPEG Audio MPEG-1 MPEG-2 RealVideo RealAideo Vorbis AVC VC1 XVID DIVX SVQ Theora Bink Theora Bink basically includes all popular multimedia formats.

Comment

Any opinion on the HTC HD Mini.

Been looking at a new handset for a while, and his seems up my street. Just wondered if anyone has one?

Comment

Dropped my fairly recent Sony Ericsson thing into my bedside glass of water, totally munted the battery (it swole out like a satsuma, scary, actually burst the back panel off the phone whilst I looked at it).

As it was on 3 and I had a pretty great contract after 4 years of having the sim and repeated attempts to cease said contract (it's now 500 mins talk/100 texts at £10 per month), I bought a £19.99 ZTE F102 from Argos, plonked the sim into it and am pretty amazed at how good it is for a 'cheap ****' phone. It's not a touchscreen jobbie but it's got pretty much everything else on it, Internet and Skype and whatnot, it's actually pretty surprising for the price (tightwads take note!) Screen is not quite up to my old Sony Ericsson and texting is a bit f*cky but have managed to get a great shot of Jarre's 'Oxygene' cover which looks quite smart as wallpaper, and the build quality is pretty snazzy.

Granted, it's nowhere near an iPhone, but for 20 quid...

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                  Any opinion on the HTC HD Mini.

Been looking at a new handset for a while, and his seems up my street. Just wondered if anyone has one?
                  I considered it before getting the Desire but the WinMo 6.5 put me off.

Comment

HTC fail

New HTCs reinstall original software on reboot to kill jailbreaking. Which is a bit naughty because Android is open source so you can do whatever you want with it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      HTC fail

New HTCs reinstall original software on reboot to kill jailbreaking. Which is a bit naughty because Android is open source so you can do whatever you want with it.
                      Only on the g2 at the moment, but its still a bad sign, and i've especially got a personal of hatred of the crap that carriers put on phones such as bloatware. Apparently theres a program on the g2 that constantly prompts you to sign up that you cant get rid of until you sign up and disable the option (the program can't even be uninstantiated) massively bad form.

Carrier free phones for the win, plus you don't have to worry about firmware being withheld by them either. Apple have got the right idea on this front, one way of updating and only through them no poxy carriers involved.

Comment

Thinking about getting my son a new phone for christmas. Presume he'd like an iphone, and it would make up for us sticking his nano in the washing machine

I'm clueless when it comes to phones.

What should I be looking for, and where..... and what model will be the most affordable?

Thanks.

Comment

You can get Iphone 3GS at knockdown prices now that the Iphone 4 is out.

Tesco do a 8GB Black Pay as you go one for £350

Comment

Anyone picked a Windows phone 7 phone up yet?, im eager to hear some user impressions of it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              You can get Iphone 3GS at knockdown prices now that the Iphone 4 is out.

Tesco do a 8GB Black Pay as you go one for ?350
                              Thanks Evil....looks like I'll be resorting to ebay then.

Is an Iphone 3 the best option if going 2nd hand??

Comment

Has anyone else got a HTC desire that reboots itself after any kind of 'intensive' activity? By internsive, I mean browsing the internet for more than ten minutes, playing a game for more than ten minutes, or making a phone call that lasts more than ten minutes, or using google navigation for more than ten minutes. So basically doing anything with this phone causes it to reboot itself if done for more than ten minutes. And when it does reboot, it decides to go into reboot loop mode, which in my opinion is an utter farce. I'd happily put it down to it being a one off, but this is my second desire which had pretty much the same problem. Only the fiirst one that had added phantom key presses as an added feature. Not impressed with it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X