Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with the apps list you can now just type what you want and get to it straight away, good if you have installed a LOT of apps so no more scrolling through all your list to get what you want.
    Front end is the same Metro Tiles, new 7.5 featured Apps will have live tile features, for instance when I am tagged, tweeted, linkedin etc it now flashes on the ME tile XX has mentioned you in a tweet etc. I can then reply post or do whatever without needing to log onto the apps seperately, just type and send reply that's it.
    Not that any of this matters if it's staying in the drawer

Comment

This may be of intrest if you have occasion to call 0800 numbers from your mobile and your network charges you for it http://www.0800buster.co.uk/ works well, nothing to do with me btw.

Comment

Well I have decided I want a new phone (my trusty 3GS is struggling with a battery a little of late I've narrowed it down to 2 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on them 1)iPhone 4s pretty sure what to expect or 2)Nokia lumia 800 I have no experience of wp7 is it good would I miss iOS? I'm not a prolific app downloaded but like a few any advice peeps?

Comment

What on earth attracted you to the Lumia compared to other phones? Theres been a lot of misrepresentation out there regarding the phone compared to Nokia's other offerings. My girlfriend was in the 02 shop the other week because her friend needed sme bits and couldn't believe the absolute rubbish the shop staff were spouting, she the proceced to completely show him up in front of a few customers though .

Comment

Brought the missus a Wildfire S the other day - which is not too bad at all - I think a trimmed down ROM would make it very nice indeed. And I'm considering trading my unused iphone 3gs in for an experia play at the moment.

Comment

@cat
              I understand that right now you want something different to iPhone. Where's the excitement in a new gadget that's just a newer version of your existing one? Unless you have any real issues with your current iPhone I predict, with some confidence, that a few days after getting your alternative phone you'll wish you'd got a 4s.

With a lumia you can look forward to:

Poor battery life
              Bing instead of Google (you can try to switch but things'll keep cropping up that insist on using Bing)

I was tempted a while back but played it safe. I would definitely consider one of the Nexus Android devices though.

Comment

Cheers guys I was considering the lumia purely based around the fact that I hate android would rather have a non smartphone than that donkey I know how to root and customise roms and that but I just don't like the os at all and the store was wank constant worry I would download malware or something that would cost me a fortune by running in background without me knowing (i had a couple of android phones (galaxy and experia) and a tablet I no like) screw it going to the apple store tomorrow underwhelming but better the devil you know...
                Last edited by ETC; 06-01-2012, 19:59.

Comment

Personally i like my optimus7 running wp7. But inevitably usually advise people towards iphones, as lets face it, theres nothing it cant do, and do quite well.

Although having social networking built into the core of the OS of wp7 has come in bloody handy since its implementation for keeping in touch with my mates around the world, being available to chat just like a text message through facebook, but in the stock text app has been a godsend of simplicity.

Comment

I still didn't buy either yet the apple store was out of white 64gb ones bah! I did play with a lumia in the O2 store and I have to be honest I was impressed was very nice but I don't do friend face or twatter so the social integration is something I couldn't give a monkeys tit about it was a very tasty os (windows mango I believe 7.5?) but the deal breaker that is going to make me stay an iOS user was the browser flash on neither and the choice of safari or Internet explorer no thanks that and everything using bloody bing (bong) on the windows phone when they make m$ implement browser choice (well if) like they do on windows 7 (computer) I may well make the change but not yet

Comment

Can someone recommend me a decent leather case for my Galaxy S2, the one i just bought is a piece of ****. there is no hole to charge it and the flap that holds it closed is covering up the headphone socket.

Comment

Fantastic news: Meego doesn't look to be ending with the N9!

Bunch of ex-Maemo and Meego guys "Jolla has 51-200 employees as of today, surprisingly sizable. Company was founded in 2011"

They're aparrantly aiming to bring two handsets to market and have Finland's top and 3rd top network operators on board. Really excited about this situation myself as it means a future for Qt in the mobile space . They're even talking about perhaps supporting Qt5. After the disappointment of Tizen it's good to see.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                          Fantastic news: Meego doesn't look to be ending with the N9!

Bunch of ex-Maemo and Meego guys "Jolla has 51-200 employees as of today, surprisingly sizable. Company was founded in 2011"

They're aparrantly aiming to bring two handsets to market and have Finland's top and 3rd top network operators on board. Really excited about this situation myself as it means a future for Qt in the mobile space . They're even talking about perhaps supporting Qt5. After the disappointment of Tizen it's good to see.
                          Id like to see the n9 (or meego) given a decent chance personally, given its smooth operation, great ui plus a battery that really goes the distance (the OS has some great little touches). But i can't see them actually getting a handset out too be honest, given the hurdles actually involved in releasing a mobile phone into a retail space.

Comment

I need a bit of advice please.

I'm thinking of finally upgrading to a phone that I can use on the internet, download games occasionally.

I'm looking at 2 phones right now which I'm gonna go contract with. Do I go for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 or the Nokia Lumia 710?

If anyone has any knowledge of these 2 what are the pro & cons of both?

Thanks.

Comment

So the lock button on my iPhone 4 broke yesterday, took it back to CeX and now have a ?310 voucher burning a hole in my pocket!

Was going to go get a replacement iPhone 4 from the Croydon store tomorrow(nearest one in stock), it was almost automatic in my head that I'd just get another like for like phone until my girlfriend reminded me there are other phones available, I was kind of bored of the iPhone anyway and was interested in trying something different

So yeah, my problem is I'm not too hot on the latest and greatest handsets - my Aunt was rather proud of her S3 when I saw her the other week and a girl at uni used to swear by her S2 so those are in my mind, I quite like the Note but think I need to hold it in person and I am very curious about the Xperia Play - it's cheap and if I am right in my research, emus for everything N64/PSOne and under exist for it which can be played with real buttons!

I mainly used the iPhone for music, web browsing, emails, camera and random touch games so something as decent as an iPhone 4 in those areas would be pleasing. If anyone has any advice I'd much appreciate it!

Comment

@koopatroopa90
                                Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in Oct if you can wait that long? Also, I know ya not that interested but iphone 5 should be announced this Wedsnesday and rumours flying about say it shold be released 21st of this month.

Comment

Working...
                                X