X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you link me to this deal?
    Last edited by Brad; 25-03-2013, 13:51.

Comment

That's a great deal decider, go for it id say as the same plan on three is ?33 for the nexus 4.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        People always talk about expandable storage and removable batteries, and how these are supposedly such great features. How often do you remove the battery of your phone in order to replace it with another one that you've pre-charged? How often is that even necessary?

The HTC One does look cool. I wish Apple had made the iPhone 5 look like that (but better, without the white line on the back and the Beats logo).
        I use my 64GB Micro SD in my phone and had a 32GB in my last. I also carry a spare charged battery in my wallet on long journeys or days when I know I'll be out of the house for a long time, it's incredibly handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          I use my 64GB Micro SD in my phone and had a 32GB in my last. I also carry a spare charged battery in my wallet on long journeys or days when I know I'll be out of the house for a long time, it's incredibly handy.
          Exactly, try using mapping and drive by drive without a charger and see how long the battery lasts, hour of drive on android and zapp its gone. That's where spares are invaluable.

Comment

My car is unable to charge my phone (when using navigation) as fast as the phone depletes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
              Is there a better deal than the Nexus 4 paired with the T-Mobile SIM-only "Full Monty" (uncapped Internet access, unlimited talk and texts) for ?21 a month on a 12-month contract? My wife and I are thinking about going for this as I could keep my T-Mobile PAYG number and she wants to migrate from her PAYG Vodafone SIM. We don't really want to buy second-hand and it seems like the cheapest way of getting a smartphone without annoying restrictions.
              Tmobile don't do the Nexus as far as I know, so you'll need to find one that is unlocked....

Comment

I can't find this mythical ?21 T-Mobile Sim deal either.

Comment

I think there's some crossed wires here. I said the Nexus 4 paired with the T-Mobile SIM-only deal. I'd be buying a Nexus 4 separately from Google. The T-Mobile deal is ?16 now, anyway.

Comment

If you're buying the Nexus 4 stand alone, Giffgaff are worth a look for the sim part:

?10 a month nets you 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data (enough for most stuff)
                    or ?12 nets you 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data (no tethering but you can turn your phone into a personal hotspot all you want)

Pay as you go so no contracts to worry about and you can set auto renewal of the 'goody bags' so no fuss to worry about each month. Their signal is under the O2 networks.
                    Not sure if the forum has any kind of affiliate links for giffgaff, so if posting your own is allowed: Here's mine (benefits = Both me and the user get ?5 bonus credit the first time the user tops up ?10 or more.)

Their online forums/community is incredibly friendly and helpful too

Comment

Thanks for pointing Giffgaff out but I just signed up for the T-Mobile deal before I saw your post... I'll hammer the unlimited talktime anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        Man the HTC ONE is such a beautiful phone, this might be the first year since getting my Galaxy S2 in 2011 and my S3 in 2012 that I've been tempted by HTC over Samsung.
                        Though I know if I got the HTC One as much as I'd love it, I'd miss a bunch of stuff from the Galaxy range like the expandable storage and removable battery as well as the interface and S-features which I enjoy. Though Sense has some cool features too.

To be honest I don't think I'll be upgrading until an even greater phone will be available anyway, but damn the One looks great.
                        Good deal at dialaphone (orange panther 36) here, especially with quidco cashback. Comes to about ?400 for the 18 months.

I've never carried a spare a battery and since moving my music to google music, I think 32gb should be fine for me. Should be arriving tomorrow.

Comment

By the time I upgrade from my S3 I'm sure there will be a new flagship phone from both Samsung and HTC, if the next HTC looks as good as the One I might have to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by megatron View Post

I've never carried a spare a battery and since moving my music to google music, I think 32gb should be fine for me. Should be arriving tomorrow.
                            I see that google music supports FLAC uploads. Can you get the back down as FLAC (not streaming)? And what's the streaming like?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I see that google music supports FLAC uploads. Can you get the back down as FLAC (not streaming)? And what's the streaming like?
                              I've not tried, but read that if uploaded to Google Music they get transcoded to 320 kbps mp3. I've only used wifi for streaming too, but not had any issues.

BTW, Did you end up buying the Xperia Z?

Comment

Got my Xperia Z yesterday.

Just wow!!

Amazingly impressive. Silky smooth and the screen is lush. I'd read some reviews saying that the viewing angles aren't great but I don't look at my phone screen anything other than head on.

Comment

Working...
                                X