Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive used a nokia n8, n9 as well as a few of the other new symbian bell nokias, none of them run at 60fps, fact. You want widgets covering your home screen with live updates and 60fps? then a jelly bean android handset is your only choice.

I think you need to do some serious fact checking duncan.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Ive used a nokia n8, n9 as well as a few of the other new symbian bell nokias, none of them run at 60fps, fact. You want widgets covering your home screen with live updates and 60fps? then a jelly bean android handset is your only choice.

I think you need to do some serious fact checking duncan.
      I cannot begin to describe the unbelievable frustration caused by yet again someone putting words in my mouth because they didn't read my posts properly. If English isn't your first language then I apologise because the misinterpretation is understandable, but if not please read post 963 (the one I was referring to carefully). You will note that:

I never claimed the homescreen and widgets ran at 60fps.

I said there were certain parts of the UI that did and specifically mentioned the album art selection in the music player. Which is a fact because it's been proven using professional auditing equipment. So maybe instead of snide insinuations about some things that people know extremely well you should spend more time reading people's points. I don't understand how what I said is so difficulty to understand and can be so massively misconstrued.

1. I post something about the UI.
      2. Bash responds to that but leaves out discussion of the music player's frame rate.
      3. I remind him of this point.
      4. You twist my words by taking them out of context and applying them to something I never claimed.

It's impossible to continue any kind of debate or discussion when one side devolves to this kind of behaviour.

Comment

Wow professional auditing equipment was used to prove it ran at 60fps in the music app, awesome!. Was it fun watching the phone cough and splutter its way into the app in order to test that one specific part? or really necessary in the first place?

Bold type is fun isn't it?.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-11-2012, 13:55.

Comment

Anybody on here actually manage to order a Nexus 4 from Google Play this morning?

Google Play kept crashing for me (and many others) when I tried to order a 16GB model. Now both models (8 & 16GB) are out of stock. Epic miscalculation of supply/demand/server reliability from Google. Almost like they want me to buy an iPhone 5 instead...

Comment

I managed to order 4 I was up at midnight and then 8:15. At first didnt look like it went through but slowly received the confirmation emails

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
              I managed to order 4 I was up at midnight and then 8:15. At first didnt look like it went through but slowly received the confirmation emails
              Awesome for you, I guess.

Seems like many more people went through my situation than yours, judging by what's out there on the internet.

If Google want the Nexus phones to have the prestige of the iPhone, they might want to learn how to do a fecking product launch properly. Shambolic.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-11-2012, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Wow professional auditing equipment was used to prove it ran at 60fps in the music app, awesome!. Was it fun watching the phone cough and splutter its way into the app in order to test that one specific part? or really necessary in the first place?

Bold type is fun isn't it?.
                First rule of the internet: if shown to have misread a post wrongly, instead of apologising, find another way to have a dig at the post author.

Comment

I spent all morning trying to order a Nexus 4 16GB phone and a Nexus 10 32GB tablet. To no joy!

To rub salt into my wounds, when I did successfully get through to the paying stage, it declined my credit card!

After a quick call to my credit card company they said it should be OK and 20 mins later I had a confirmation that my order had strangely gone through - But it did say that I wouldn't be charged until shipped.

Me being really concerned about what was happening, I gave them a quick call and they said, yes it's gone thru and I did get a confirmation E-mail but they also had a decline from my card company so I am not getting any Nexus devices now!!!!!!

Comment

LOL, I've just realised the old symbian argument is still continuing. Gotta admire your passion to big up Symbian Duncan.

Cant wait for my N4zzzzzzz!

Comment

Loving the fact that Google didn't see at all fit to restrict Nexus 4 purchases to 2 per customer or something like that.

Hilariously awful form from Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan James Waugh
                        There's a large number of reasons why Apple managed it, most of them are underhanded and immoral. Business isn't won by having the best product, it's won by being more ruthless than the competition, something Apple are very good at.

Lol what are you on about? Everything changed with the release of the iPhone - not because Apple were 'underhanded and immoral' in a non-specific way, but because they had developed a unique new input method (a capacitive touchscreen designed around finger, rather than stylus, usage) and a slick new operating system that made existing efforts look cack-handed and old school in comparison.

In what ways were Apple underhanded and immoral in how they took the smartphone market and made it their own? Oh - and just so we're clear ahead of time, having great marketing is not being immoral.

As for business being won by being the most ruthless...sure, it's true to a certain extent. But Nokia could have been as 'ruthless' as they wanted with their S60 devices and it wouldn't have made a jot of difference to the iPhone's impact back in 2007.

Comment

Are there any better deals available than this from VM who I believe use EE network? -

1200 mins
                          Unlimited SMS
                          1Gb mobile data

or 150 mins/unlimited data

?12 rolling monthly contract
                          Last edited by charlesr; 13-11-2012, 14:06.

Comment

That seems like a pretty good deal.

Comment

You can get unlimited data for ?12.90 from 3. A lot less minutes though I think so it depends how important those are to you.

Comment

Mobile Phone thread and good carrier deals

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                                You can get unlimited data for ?12.90 from 3. A lot less minutes though I think so it depends how important those are to you.
                                Yes it's 200 any network minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data on the ultimate Internet sim 200 1 month.

I've had this for a while and is enough for what I use.

Comment

Working...
                                X