Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally. Safari has a unified search / url field.

Comment

Still no support in Safari for DuckDuckGo though.

Comment

had a conversation with someone about phones yesterday and it really surprises me if you look at the figures, Samsung's overall smartphone phone sales are double that of apples yet I'm constantly berated for owning an apple product "Isheep" ect ec by Android user's, it's rampant on the net and amoung friends, how can i be a sheep if i currently own a phone that sells half as much as the one your using?

The Samsung thing confuses me a lot of people don't want to know about any other android brands despite the HTC one and new Google phones getting rave reviews, and Sonys latest efforts reviewing really well samsung still continues to dominate, the cost angle doesn't weigh up to be much different either an s4 will cost me pretty much the same as a iphone 5 on a monthly basis, and because the sony's and htc aren't selling well theirs some fantastic deals to be had, fan boys i really don't get them.

Comment

My experience of HTC (Desire C and S) was: poorly made, with bits failing constantly (GPS, buttons, dodgy battery connection) and not very good at phone calls (poor call quality and signal) which is my main phone usage. The C was incredibly cheaply constructed and didn't even have focus on the camera or a flash (I assumed it would being newer). Heap of rubbish. The power button failed after a while too. Never again. I then tried a Samsung (Galaxy Ace 2) and it's bullet proof, with sensible button positions that don't break if you drop it and also it explodes open when dropped rather than breaking - good design to dissapate energy. The battery lasts for 2 days instead of the 1 that the HTCs could manage. The only thing on the Ace 2 that's not as good as the HTCs is the speaker phone, but I so rarely use it, I'm not bothered.

I've not had an iPhone to compare.
          Last edited by charlesr; 20-09-2013, 08:37.

Comment

Replaceable battery = Samsung win. Was for me anyway, its the only android phone that has battery life close to iPhone plus you can cheat and carry 2. I tried an xperia z first and the phone is beautiful the battery life not so much for someone like me that really likes a lot of juice

Comment

For me, it's not really a contest. Maybe it's because I'm not massively into the hardware itself (I was quite reluctant initially to get a smartphone at all). I have an iPhone and it does exactly what I need it to do. And I ended up with an iPhone for no other reason than I went the iPod>iPod Touch>iPad route, so I had already bought into iOS and, importantly, the content on the App Store (if this were a console, we'd be asking where the games are, well the Apple App Store is packed with quality - the Android Store no doubt is too but I have no need for two stores). There's not a huge amount of point of knowing what's better on an Android phone just the same way as I don't really care about some other type of pizza. I like pepperoni and I have no need for any other pizza in my life because pepperoni does exactly what I want it to do.

Comment

I thought HTC had improved, the reviews for the one and the one x were positive but i suppose the only way you can check reliability is using one for yourself, which would seem to be a bit if a gamble.

I Had similar experience with a desire on a two year contract after about 14 months it would no longer connect to 3G, my wife's htc desire also failed at just under a year and she got a new one under warranty, so i think your right about the HTC reliability, I was tempted by the htc one when it came to upgrade time glad i didn't go for it.

Comment

The One is a really nice phone, much nicer than Samsung's frankly tacky designs.

The iSheep thing is just like people writing M $. Shorthand for 'I'm a prick'.

Comment

lol at forum censor.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      The One is a really nice phone, much nicer than Samsung's frankly tacky designs.

The iSheep thing is just like people writing Microsoft? Corporation. Shorthand for 'I'm a prick'.
                      Don't understand the mindset of the fanboys on either side. Your adults, they're mobile phones, grow up ffs.

I've been very tempted to get an HTC One (among others). Of the flashy new phones it's the one I've seen the best deal for, ?30 a month, nothing up front, and unlimited data on Three. I've had about three or four different phones in various shopping baskets with my mouse hovering over the buy button for the past week, haven't taken the plunge yet

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        had a conversation with someone about phones yesterday and it really surprises me if you look at the figures, Samsung's overall smartphone phone sales are double that of apples yet I'm constantly berated for owning an apple product "Isheep" ect ec by Android user's, it's rampant on the net and amoung friends, how can i be a sheep if i currently own a phone that sells half as much as the one your using?

The Samsung thing confuses me a lot of people don't want to know about any other android brands despite the HTC one and new Google phones getting rave reviews, and Sonys latest efforts reviewing really well samsung still continues to dominate, the cost angle doesn't weigh up to be much different either an s4 will cost me pretty much the same as a iphone 5 on a monthly basis, and because the sony's and htc aren't selling well theirs some fantastic deals to be had, fan boys i really don't get them.
                        It is a bit daft but Samesung sells loads of different handsets and Apple only sells three models at a time and that only used to account for two form factors. And the current iPhone is still the best selling individual handset so it does look like they are everywhere.

Unfortunately purchase justification exists for all sorts of tech, cars and other shiny objects.

Comment

So, I just "upgraded" the ipad mini to 7. erm.... Is it unfinished? There are dodgy "shadows" or something floating around boxes and generally, it looks like they forgot to finish the colour choice / shading on half of the interface.

It also appears to be very slow. Even flicking between homescreens is slower. What the hell.

Comment

Once you get used to it it does get better. It will be updated as well to improve in the future as well (I assume).

Comment

I am waving goodbye to my Windows Phone, it's done me well. WP OS was clean and easy to use but the app availability and gaming just killed it for me. As much as I told myself I didn't need games and specific apps, I do and the only reason I told myself this was because I couldn't have it currently. WP8 isn't going to improve this either, so today I got an iPhone 5.
                              Unfortunately being the impulsive twat that I am I don't have a Nano sim....so that will be with me tomorrow.
                              My wife can't stand the sight of me now I am on iOS, well she can **** right off.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                                My wife can't stand the sight of me now I am on iOS, well she can **** right off.
                                There will come a day when somebody files for divorce on the grounds of cruel and intolerable use of the wrong mobile operating system

"The bastard uses iOS, how can I live like that? HOW?"

Comment

Working...
                                X