Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, todays the day Samsung unveil the Note 3 and accompanying Watch. Hope its decent and some good deals can be had on getting one as my contracts up and a bigger screen and better camera would be nice. If not I can see me falling back on the S4 rather than opting for next weeks reveal in the ever outdated iPhone line.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Hope that ^^^^^ does well. We need a new player :-)

Best thing about my Note 2 (and there are many great things about it) is that I have EVERYTHING switched on all the time - GPS, bluetooth, NFC, WiFi - without having to even think about battery life. Doesn't even get through 50% in a day. Brilliant.
      note bah that's a phone for midgets, what you need is a samsung galaxy MEGA!!!

My mate 6 foot odd mate has a note 2 and he loves it, he can get away with it as its in proportion to him, my younger brother has one too but when hes useing it it looks ridiculous. I've given him some stick about it, its nearly in the same league as side talking on an Ngage.

Comment

Clutching at straws here, but does anybody know how to factory reset a Sharp Aquos SH-10C?

Comment

Anyone got the new htc one with beats audio, I'm looking to replace the iphone 4 i have had for a few years now with something newer with andriod and like the look and spec of this phone.

bored with the whole apple thing now compared with what offerings you can get on the android phone market.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
            Anyone got the new htc one with beats audio, I'm looking to replace the iphone 4 i have had for a few years now with something newer with andriod and like the look and spec of this phone.

bored with the whole apple thing now compared with what offerings you can get on the android phone market.
            The nexus 4 is currently ?199 for the 16gig, fantastic for the money. A decent pair of headphones will negate any advantage the One has with sound.

Comment

The Nexus 5 will most likely drop next month though, and the discounted 4 is already out of stock.

Comment

8gb is sold out, 16gb is still available at ?199 isnt it?

cant wait for N5, 5"+ screen will do me nicely as long as Kit Kat has great features. I'm expecting the same if not better stuff already available in moto X.

Comment

People talk about beats audio like it's something desirable lol.

Wonder if the nexus 5 battery will be any good. I heard the 4 was a bit poo?

Comment

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask for budget phone advice in this cutting-edge-stuff discussion, but could anyone recommend me a phone that has the following features:

-Normal functions of phone without hassle (no texting lag etc)
                    -Battery life of AT LEAST two days under normal use
                    -Has a reasonably decent browser - not needed for videos but would work with Google maps and general browsing (bank etc)
                    -Is under ?100 bought on PAYG

I currently own the Galaxy Genio Touch, a phone that cost me ?69 in March 2010 and has served me excellently - not once have I had issues with freezes, the texting works without a hitch, and the battery life still easily lasts for 5 days being left on all the time. It has Facebook and Twitter widgets but I don't use them, and the internet connectivity is garbage outside of that. Essentially what I want is the Genio with a reasonable browser. I've looked online at the Galaxy Ace and the Galaxy Y, which seem to be the most likely upgrades, but I can't get any idea of "good battery life" from online reviews because so many people seem to think that lasting a day without charging is good any help from the guys on here?

Comment

The Note 3 and Galaxy Gear watch are official, both out October

Comment

Trying to weigh up what to get when I renew. Waiting to see what deals are done on the Galaxy Note 3, if that proves a no go though I think the Xperia Z1 will win out. 20.7mp camera?! Mental!

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                          I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask for budget phone advice in this cutting-edge-stuff discussion, but could anyone recommend me a phone that has the following features:

-Normal functions of phone without hassle (no texting lag etc)
                          -Battery life of AT LEAST two days under normal use
                          -Has a reasonably decent browser - not needed for videos but would work with Google maps and general browsing (bank etc)
                          -Is under ?100 bought on PAYG

I currently own the Galaxy Genio Touch, a phone that cost me ?69 in March 2010 and has served me excellently - not once have I had issues with freezes, the texting works without a hitch, and the battery life still easily lasts for 5 days being left on all the time. It has Facebook and Twitter widgets but I don't use them, and the internet connectivity is garbage outside of that. Essentially what I want is the Genio with a reasonable browser. I've looked online at the Galaxy Ace and the Galaxy Y, which seem to be the most likely upgrades, but I can't get any idea of "good battery life" from online reviews because so many people seem to think that lasting a day without charging is good any help from the guys on here?
                          The galaxy Ace 2 would be better because it has a larger battery. It's also faster (dual core). I use one. Battery life if I just use it for an hour of sport tracking a day (data and gps) and occassional facebook/twitter check (wifi) is a couple of days (leaving wifi on in the house). If you do a lot of browsing, the battery dies fast, but I guess that's the same with any phone.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/sam...ry?id=20152777

The Note 3 and Galaxy Gear watch are official, both out October
                            First snap of the Galaxy Gear Watch in the wild!

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              The galaxy Ace 2 would be better because it has a larger battery. It's also faster (dual core). I use one. Battery life if I just use it for an hour of sport tracking a day (data and gps) and occassional facebook/twitter check (wifi) is a couple of days (leaving wifi on in the house). If you do a lot of browsing, the battery dies fast, but I guess that's the same with any phone.
                              Thanks charles! I actually did consider the Samsung Ace 2 but I couldn't find it anywhere for sub-?100 - reviews for the Ace line in general seemed to be mixed though. I started looking outside Samsung and found the Nokia Lumia 520, which seemed very appealing, fulfilling basically all my requirements and found on phones4u for ?89 with ?10 airtime, but then I found the Nokia Lumia 620, which is being sold refurb on o2's website for ?99 (?129-39 new elsewhere) so I figured the extra tenner was worth it given the very positive reviews. Battery life unfortunately is not great but as you say I think that's just what happens with phones that browse!

Comment

Order made

Sony Xperia Z1 in black was the final choice, here by the end of the month and comes with the free Smartwatch 2. Bingo.

Comment

Working...
                                X