Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you can link a PS3 pad to the phone and the phone to a telly?

I'm actually watching Despicable Me via my phone on the telly as I write!

Comment

Yes, I know that. A pretty cool feature. I did delete an awful lot of crap from it yesterday though including Sony's PlayStation stuff. I'll never get a PS4 or Vita in the next 2 years and I don't need to use their store for game downloads as there's a perfectly good emulator for Android No sense in buying stuff I already own.

It also has real digital TV on it. Most mobile phones use a system called 1seg and to be honest the framerate and image quality is crap but this is just like a normal TV.

Comment

Will keep this short and sweet, basically wifes iPhone 4S is knackered 18 months in to a two year EE contract, Wifi has totally stopped working and a the whole phone is running so slow. Done the usual factory reset etc etc, Apple store checked and it's a hardware issue, they will replace the phone for ?159 I think it is. EE said have to contact Head Office, won't do anything in store so will be writing a letter tonight outlinging Consumer Act etc. Anyone else got any experience of a similar problem - will have to be with an iPhone I guess as every other manufacturer (bar Nokia) gives a two year warranty I am told.

Comment

Nokia are also two year warranty. i think it's a joke that you can be tied to a two year deal but effectively not have a warranty for half of it. As for paying ?159.99 for a repair, I personally wouldn't bother. I'd sell the faulty one and pick up a second hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            Will keep this short and sweet, basically wifes iPhone 4S is knackered 18 months in to a two year EE contract, Wifi has totally stopped working and a the whole phone is running so slow. Done the usual factory reset etc etc, Apple store checked and it's a hardware issue, they will replace the phone for ?159 I think it is. EE said have to contact Head Office, won't do anything in store so will be writing a letter tonight outlinging Consumer Act etc. Anyone else got any experience of a similar problem - will have to be with an iPhone I guess as every other manufacturer (bar Nokia) gives a two year warranty I am told.
            Sale of goods act matey, reasonable time frame, they have it on a two year contract therefore it should be fit for purpose and last that long it should go in your favour (http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...v0043-1011.txt)

apple are notorious twats for this however it was their own 7.0.3 IOS update that fried a **** ton of IP4S's one being my wife's one, I raised holy hell in the apple store until I got what I wanted but be prepared to fight with apple tooth and nail, if she can convince them or another apple store its the battery that would need doing instead it could be as little as ?55 replace but its 50/50 depending if you get a tosser or not

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes will be quoting legal rights etc.
              Battery is fine and it's not update related they will see straight through that.

EE instore - "Your contract with us is purely for the minutes, data etc, not the phone. Well we paid ?69 upfront for the phone how to you explain that one I said". Tossers all of them.

Wife has already moved to a Samsung S4 so we're an Apple free house (bar the son's iPad which is purely only used for Youtube so doesn't count). But won't be letting this get the better of me.

No more iTunes ever again, hooray.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes will be quoting legal rights etc.
                Battery is fine and it's not update related they will see straight through that.

EE instore - "Your contract with us is purely for the minutes, data etc, not the phone. Well we paid ?69 upfront for the phone how to you explain that one I said". Tossers all of them.

Wife has already moved to a Samsung S4 so we're an Apple free house (bar the son's iPad which is purely only used for Youtube so doesn't count). But won't be letting this get the better of me.

No more iTunes ever again, hooray.
                if you think Samsung are gonna be any more understanding when your phone develops faults your in for a bad time.

Comment

Probably, but I've never had a Samsung phone fail on me yet (touches wood).
                  Not heard back from EE yet by the way.

Comment

My Note2 ended up in a right state after various Samsung updates. Exchange services totally killing the battery (known problem) so I got a Nexus 5 (despite vowing no more android - someone pointed out to me that the issues with my Note 2 were all Samsung's doing). Anyway, seems alright.

Comment

Probably, but I've never had a Samsung phone fail on me yet (touches wood).
                      Not heard back from EE yet by the way.
                      I'm with EE there gits with every company you have to chase them and chase them if they try shirking responsibility dont except it, its them that sold you the phone and there the ones who are getting extra money off you every month for it, as evidenced by the extra contract premium you pay.

My friends S4 screen just cracked on him while he was using it He had an otterbox type thing on it and is really careful so it must of been a design flaw in the screen, he swears he's never dropped it but Samsung aren't having any of it though if he wants a new screen he has to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        My Note2 ended up in a right state after various Samsung updates. Exchange services totally killing the battery (known problem) so I got a Nexus 5 (despite vowing no more android - someone pointed out to me that the issues with my Note 2 were all Samsung's doing). Anyway, seems alright.
                        You did the right thing.

Samsung phones are the worst.

Comment

The battery on my phone is dying, so seeking for a replacement. Going to stick to Android but abandon Samsung (mostly due to pre-installed crap you can't uninstall without rooting the phone); any brands I should favor over others? Looking for a mid-range phone, nothing above 200€.

Comment

Don't they all have preinstalled crap on them apart from nexus devices?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Don't they all have preinstalled crap on them apart from nexus devices?
                              Nexus, Google Play Edition and Moto devices run stock Android.

Comment

Its not the pre installed crap you need to worry about with non stock phones. Its more the companies own twist on Android. so touchwiz for Samsung, Optimus UI for LG, HTC Sense, Sony Xperia UI. It must be said that these 4 have mostly improved over the years but IMHO nothign can beat stock experience unless you're a massive tinkerer in which case rooting your device and install something else like the latest stable Cyanogen or purchase one of the new chinese phones from Oppo or One+ which can have cyanogen installed out the box. I believe Google have stopped selling the Play edition phones, I think some new ones are on the horizon.

Me? I go Nexus everytime. Pound for Pound best phones on the market IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X