Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The updates ruined note 2. Sold mine and got a nexus.

Comment

For anyone thinking if switching to three for the unlimited tethering, it's now gone, finito, outa here, no more. 2 gig tethering is all you get now.

Comment

There will be 2 variants coming in September I believe.
        Last edited by bash; 27-08-2014, 15:39. Reason: bollox!

Comment

I'm on The One plan and have all-you-can-eat data including tethering. I've heard nothing from Three about any change to my plan.

Comment

How do they know if it's tethering or not?

Comment

I tested this when I was in the US (Three carry your UK package across for free except no tethering). I tried tethering an iPad. They only seemed to be able to tell i was tethering when I used a web browser. I suspect they looked at browser identification strings. When I used Apple maps, email, tapatalk, facebook and twitter they never spotted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                I tested this when I was in the US (Three carry your UK package across for free except no tethering). I tried tethering an iPad. They only seemed to be able to tell i was tethering when I used a web browser. I suspect they looked at browser identification strings. When I used Apple maps, email, tapatalk, facebook and twitter they never spotted it.
                Once your contract is up by by infi tethering. If you signed up just before the policy came into effect then happy days, one of mine just ran out and it's deff gone, they have also eradicated retention deals as well.

Comment

My upgrade is due soon, I was looking at getting the LG G3, a nice change from Samsung and it looks great.

Does anyone have this and can tell me what they think of it? It seems bloody powerful too. Cheers.

Comment

Don't know anyone with a G3 but do like the phone and the screen, was considering it when I was due to renewal a couple of months back.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Once your contract is up by by infi tethering. If you signed up just before the policy came into effect then happy days, one of mine just ran out and it's deff gone, they have also eradicated retention deals as well.
                    We had same thing with a cheap unlimited data (and tethering) EE contract for the wife, it had almost run it's two years and we were happy to carry it on so didn't contact them or anything, but a week before we were told to contact them to cancel if we weren't happy going down to 2GB a month data allowance.

Comment

Let's you pretend you are on a mobile in Chrome desktop. Should get around the tethering issue

Comment

On the subject of data...GiffGaff who were brilliant value...are about to raise the price of their unlimited data goody bag from ?12 to ?20!!
                        They say no tethering either...though I often tether my Vita and have not been caught.

Comment

Apple's biggest iPhone ever boasts 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and battery life of up to 24 hours of talk time

Comment

Officially speaking though...

Powerful. Beautiful. Durable. Check out the new iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.

Comment

They are sneaky, the cheapest models are 16GB , which in 2014 are next to useless.
                              They don't have a 32Gb mode, instead it leaps straight to 64GB.

Comment

Any less than 64Gb is no use to me anyway. Thank christ though, I've been badly needing a new handset, just need to choose between the two sizes now.

Comment

Working...
                                X