Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of a watch forum get together...
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1268675897/OT-+Paneristis%2C+Millions+of+%24+in+cars%2C+and+a+he lluva+lot+of+fun

(perhaps this should be in the car thread? )

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Would love an IWC myself! Not so much an Invicta though
      I dunno, i think they are quite funky looking for a day to day knockaround watch.

Re: your link, I don't get Panerai's. What is it with them. They are like Jacobs & Brietlings etc in so much that they are so OTT in most cases. It's like wearing a kitchen clock on your wrist and you need awfully big wrists to carry off wearing one without looking a complete berk.
      Last edited by NemesiS; 16-03-2010, 12:05.

Comment

Nice that this thread popped up again, I've been lloking to cop a new watch latley, but not seen one that has stood out to me......... Im not looking for a traditional one, but rather, one thats not instantly obvious what the time is, kinda like a watch which tells the time differently, jus to be quirky and different.......... Im thinking that it will prbably be some obscure Japanese watch I should be looking for if quirky and/futuristic ish is what im aiming at.

Comment

I have been searching for ages, for a black, titanium watch which was either kinetic or had a rechargeable battery. I finally found one two weeks ago - http://www.specialopswatches.co.uk/MTM+SILENCER+|+MTM+Silencer+Special+Ops+Watch+-+Black.htm
          And I have to wait 4 weeks for them to order one from the US.

There is a US site I could order from, but they require 450 forms of ID just to get one shipped here...

Comment

Liking that a lot Insom

I've already decided after a week that my new watch (see recent post) is the best in the world. The countdown timer has 3 modes, one of which counts up again so you know how far past you are. And it looks so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
              I dunno, i think they are quite funky looking for a day to day knockaround watch.

Re: your link, I don't get Panerai's. What is it with them. They are like Jacobs & Brietlings etc in so much that they are so OTT in most cases. It's like wearing a kitchen clock on your wrist and you need awfully big wrists to carry off wearing one without looking a complete berk.
              I tried a Panerai for a while... I didn't have much love for it I have to say. Once you get used to the size (it was a 44mm that I tried) they do feel like an extension to your arm. But not exactly the easiest of watches to slip under your sleeves!

Funny you say kitchen clock though as I have a Panerai wall clock up in my kitchen

Comment

My five year old Casio DB-E30's strap broke for the second time & the battery is going so decided to get a replacement.

Great for work & everyday.

Have got a TAG but don't get much chance to wear it plus I'm not that impressed with them.

Comment

I have a Suunto Vytec. She's a big watch, but big boys need big toys!

(Film from the same place & dive site we did Saturday, but taken by other divers last year. Nice to have big numbers on your timer when you are flying at 3 knots ina current!)

Above water I don't bother with a time piece. Normally Big dive watches are bought by folk who have dived once abroad and like to pretend they are experts.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    I have a Suunto Vytec. She's a big watch, but big boys need big toys!
                    I like how they're called Wrist Units! Certainly a fitting title

Comment

My old watch:

My new watch:

I had to replace the old one (which my sister bought for me as a gift when she went to Spain on holiday about 10 years ago), because the clip on the strap finally gave way and no longer closes. I tried to get it fixed, but was told that it could not be done.

The new one was a real bargain. It costs ?129, but I got it for a tenner in an auction on eBay!

Comment

They got any cameras on ebay too?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                          We have polar opposite tastes in watches

I prefer minimal. Saw this yesterday and and would love it to be released.

This is superb. Is it ever going to be made?

Comment

TW Steel Canteen (45mm).

The 50mm was too big for my wrist, and this just manages to look the right side of ok (damn having skinny wrists!).

Got a couple more watches that I need to take pictures of to put up, a Raymond Weil WR1, and a Rado of some sort .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got this years aquaracer as my work watch as I've got a carrera for meetings and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                Got this years aquaracer as my work watch as I've got a carrera for meetings and stuff
                                Very nice, lusting after a 'McQueen' Monaco at the mo.

Comment

Working...
                                X