No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Breitling is mint, man. I'm going to look for one similar.

I'm still buzzing off of my xmas gift (from fianc?e's dad)...

On Monday I collect this (xmas gift from fianc?e):

it's only a cheap thing, but it's nice enough. It's too bad the entire casing isn't gold.

Comment

Love the Speedmaster, Dave. The bracelets on those are meant to be some of the most comfortable out there. I notice that's the automatic version, how does it compare size wise to the manual wind versions out there?

Comment

Got this Seiko Solar Chronograph from my girlfriend as a Christmas present, going to use it as my day to day watch.

Fallen had over heals for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
          Love the Speedmaster, Dave. The bracelets on those are meant to be some of the most comfortable out there. I notice that's the automatic version, how does it compare size wise to the manual wind versions out there?
          The Professional? I'm not sure exactly because I've never been close enough to compare. xD At least now I can walk into a watch dealers and have a reckon about. So I may get back to you on that. It is very comfortable, however I need a link or two adding to the bracelet as it's a little tight and tends to pull out my wrist hairs.

Comment

The professional is larger and uses a manual wind movement. There are other differences, but those are the main two. Looks great Dave.

Comment

Bah!

I can't compete with some of these watches on show in here, however it doesn't stop me purchasing them!

I've always wanted one of these, but when they initially came out, they were out of my budget (circa ?300 if I remember rightly). Times have changed, and they are also a lot cheaper to buy 2nd hand, so I treated myself to one during December. It came with a broken strap (which I was aware of), and it needed a bit of a polish. So, after leaving it to get fixed and cleaned, I was able to pick it up today.

Seiko Kinetic Arctura.

First impressions are that its quite light and slim, but that's probably down to me usually wearing a big ass G-Shock!

Comment

I always wanted one of those too during the 90s, Grover. Was it expensive to service and have refurbed? I thought Seiko's Kinetic lineup took a bit of a nose dive after this release.

Comment

I'm wearing my 13 year old G-shock.

My Nixon was sent away to their official service guys at Locker, Hull & Thornton Ltd. for a new battery on 29th November 2012. ?12 I was quoted including pressure test (200m).

Got a letter dated 11th Jan 2013 (over a month...) saying that the "movement is faulty - new momement required and the case is scratched" with a new quote for ?67..... scam-tastic. It was fine before I sent it off and it was well packaged. Marvelous

"Instructions to proceed should be sent in writing". Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                    I always wanted one of those too during the 90s, Grover. Was it expensive to service and have refurbed? I thought Seiko's Kinetic lineup took a bit of a nose dive after this release.
                    Well I actually needed a new strap (the rubber section). Luckily that's the cheap part of the strap, as opposed to the metal links which cost a fair bit to replace. The rubber part of the strap was ?73. The polish was ?23. I could have paid more for the polish, as there are a few scratches which need more application to remove, but they are not that noticeable, and I can live with them.

I bought the watch off eBay, and there are some that are in better condition than mine, but you are looking at around ?300.

Comment

Love the Omega Dave, I used to wear a seamaster. Went digging for pics but this was the only thing I could find, the back of the bracelet!

Comment

That's shocking Charles. Mine has gone back in because it's losing 20 seconds a day. Apparently after the repair in November/ December it spent 6 days in testing, passed testing and was given to me, at which point it immediately started losing 20 seconds a day. If I was a suspicious man I might think that it didn't really pass testing in the first place and they were just trying their luck...

Comment

How do you check synchronicity? Set it off at the same time as a digital clock and check both the day after?

Comment

Re: Watches:What are you wearing?

I go to the atomic clock to set it and checj the same time next day. This time I waited q week and took the average. 10 secibds a day fast or slow US within tolerance for a budget automatic apparently.

Comment

I am not wearing it yet but eventually

Only my second kickstarter ever, because its soo pretty

Comment

Double.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X