No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have a 1999 Casio G-shock GLide.
    It is indestructible. Trust me, I've tried. I've held the end of the strap and swung it on to brick walls as fast as I can. No sign of damage. I've run it over. No sign of damage. Amazing.

A couple of years ago, I got bored of it. Mostly I wait till something wears out before buying a new one, but this one was clearly never going to give up the ghost, so now just wear it for sport and instead I got a Nixon The Superhero Ti-II. It's a titanium cased 100m (wtf) surf watch. I think someone in this thread pointed me at it. My main reasons for purchase were:
    a) Titanium - super light but still a bit chunky (but half the depth of the g-shock...)
    b) Stealth digital - looks like a normal analogue watch, but there's an LCD display behind that completely disappears when you turn it off, so it still has times/chrono/alarm etc.
    c) Tide times at the local shoreline - I don't surf but good to know when I go running which way to go because the route changes according to the tide.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      The quality of your watch is directly proportional to the amount of women that want to sleep with you
      So that's why I find myself wanking more than f*cking? F*ck it, I'm saving up for a better watch!

Comment

The quality of your watch is directly proportional to the amount of women that want to sleep with you
        What if you don't wear a watch?

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
          What if you don't wear a watch?
          I'm really sorry, man

Comment

Comment

I like that. Maybe a bit too much going on around the edge, but otherwise, nice watch.

Comment

Oh my...

Comment

had this watch for a good few years, I wear it daily and its taken every knock, bang, pull, scrape etc all in its stride, recently bought a new strap as the buckle finally gave in, quick clean and its like new again, easily the best work watch i've had..

Comment

Dang, now that's a conversaion starter if ever I saw one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturne View Post
                      Dang, now that's a conversaion starter if ever I saw one.
                      Probably "you spent nearly ?11k on a watch?! Are there no charities you could've given that to?"

Seriously, Nocturne, would it impress you if a bloke was wearing that watch?

Chojin, I too have a G-Shock (this one) but the bits that hold the strap flush against your wrist have both broken, so where did you get your spare strap from? Cheers.

Comment

I'm buying one of these when I get paid this month. Prob get the white one.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Chojin, I too have a G-Shock (this one) but the bits that hold the strap flush against your wrist have both broken, so where did you get your spare strap from? Cheers.

Great service from here, even got a little tool for the pins for a few quid which is handy

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Probably "you spent nearly ?11k on a watch?! Are there no charities you could've given that to?"

Seriously, Nocturne, would it impress you if a bloke was wearing that watch?
                            No, it wouldn't. I meant conversation starter in same sense as if a guy was holding a puppy or had another interesting accessory on, regardless of how expensive it was - easier to strike up a conversation on those sort of things than "So... nice weather".

Nice watch choice, Rossco

Comment

I like the idea of a man carrying a puppy around for the sole purpose of starting conversation.

Comment

I am in the market for a new watch, anyone else in the same boat should probably check out Amazon's cyber Monday sales that are currently kicking about. I'm debating one of these right now but am umming and ahhhing a lot - a little worried it's a bit too 'old man'. Do love my old Skagen but the battery's now gone funny again and the strap's starting to fall apart Anyone know any similar slim / minimal watches that might tempt me away?

Comment

Working...
                                X