Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    What's the point in the Pebble things?
    For me, I hate that you have to look at the same boring face forever more after investing so much in it.
    But enough about the wife*, I like that you can change the display and it runs lots of apps in conjunction with your phone.

Want to track your runs? Get notified when your team scores? Kick off voice nav without touching your phone? Thousands of developers worldwide are making apps to let you leave your phone in your pocket.

• NOTIFICATIONS

See your most important notifications. Even when your hands are full
    • MUSIC CONTROL

Control the music while driving, running, or across the room. No need to mess with your phone
    • FITNESS

Check your pace without killing your pace. Get the info you need without taking the phone out
    • WATCH FACES

Download one of many fun watch faces or make your own
    • ALARMS

Pebble can wake you up with a silent alarm that only you'll feel, while your partner sleeps on in bliss
    • CHARGING

Pebble works 5-7 days before needing a recharge

*Disclaimer: I was only joking, dear. Don't leave me.

Comment

Sounds cool.

Comment

I'm in the market for a Rolex Daytona Stealth. There's only 20 in the world, and it's probably my favourite watch ever, even over a Breitling Emergency II. I've got the guy down to ?11,500, which is a good price as they usually go for the ?15k mark.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Wear that for 5 years and make yourself around a grand a year doing so.
          Man maths, it keeps the world turning!!

Comment

Joe, what do you do for a living that affords you top shoes and watches? If you're a drug dealer then say no more

alway get mad props when I buss these out:

Last edited by bash; 17-03-2014, 11:11.

Comment

I'm a freelance journalist of sorts. On the side I'm a Nike and watch reseller. It's more of a hobby, but it keeps me off the streets.

Anyway, I just got a nice bonus from my actual job, so I took my close family out on Saturday and bought them whatever they wanted, and with my bit I'm going to get the Stealth. As gIzzE says, it will rise in value, so it's quite a sound investment. It will also stave off the temptation to pull out one of the antenna on the Breitling. Jaja.

I got a PS4 too, once it arrives I'll be able to join in with some game talk, and not be a dick. I think.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                I'm in the market for a Rolex Daytona Stealth. There's only 20 in the world, and it's probably my favourite watch ever, even over a Breitling Emergency II. I've got the guy down to ?11,500, which is a good price as they usually go for the ?15k mark.
                That's actually nice. Probably the only Rolex I've seen that I like (because it looks like a Breitling).

Comment

Thing with Rolex is they tend to rise in price by approx. 5-10% every year on average.

So, buy a watch like that which is ?15k (for ?11.5k) and in 5 years time at 5% increase it will be worth ?19,000 at least new and around ?16,500 used and mint, and it can be mint as a complete service at ?350 on a ?16,000 watch is a no brainer.

So, ?6000 over 60 months is around ?100 a month profit to wear a nice watch.
                  As I said, man maths and watches go well together.

Comment

Pffft... everyone and his dog have a Rolex.

If you're looking for something truly exclusive, look no further than here!

What's the time? It's bug killing time!

Comment

Sweet.

I'm currently still rocking a ?50 watch. I have a tendency to destroy watches on door frames and the like so don't spend hooooge amounts on them.

Same goes for shoes - I just ruin them within weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                        Sweet.

I'm currently still rocking a ?50 watch. I have a tendency to destroy watches on door frames and the like so don't spend hooooge amounts on them.

Same goes for shoes - I just ruin them within weeks.

Cheap watches and cheap shoes will always get ****ed easily.

I bought a really cheap watch just before xmas as I wanted something slim, it was only ?45 and looked nice enough, but I caught it on something, really lightly and the glass cracked.
                        The watch I wear daily is a Glycine Airman and I it gets bashed about like mad and not a mark on it.

Same with shoes, I usually last around 6 months in a pair of ?50 shoes, but I have Loakes and Churches that are 15 years old.

This is my current favourite proper shoe, and I know I will have it in 20 years time, probably on the same sole unit too...

Last edited by gIzzE; 17-03-2014, 14:59.

Comment

Currently got 4 watches on the go but generally only wear two (other two are going to my children so don't want to ruin them)

Timex ironman for when I'm working in manholes

Tag aquaracer for mincing around the house

2 x omega seamasters which I don't really have the place to wear them so decided on putting them away for the children as a momento of me

Comment

Comment

That's amazing. Any more info on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X