No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried to fix it at least, no idea what happened there!

I didn't have time to adjust the strap before I came in to work, but my wife gave me the watch before I left.

Comment

Hah, you sound super excited! It looks great. Did you have to pay import fees?

Comment

No, it was duty free plus a discount, so £3870 instead of the £5500 it retails at here. I tried to see what discount I could get in the Edinburgh store and £5200 was their best price.

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Congrats, that's a lovely watch. The white face jumps out.
            Enjoy it

Comment

Cheers.

Finally finished work and got home to try it on, super happy with it, been procrastinating over getting one for about two years!

Comment

Yes! Best strap too.

Comment

I haven't worn a watch in years but to help me get off my fat arse I got one of these bad boys. Loving it so far been mountain biking, golfing, surfing, walking and swimming - it has handled all of them easily,gps tracking seems good, like the connect app so far, let's see if it actually encourages me to do far more exercise over the long term (unfortunately it didn't make me a better golfer )

Comment

Cool. Which model is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      I've tried to fix it at least, no idea what happened there!

I didn't have time to adjust the strap before I came in to work, but my wife gave me the watch before I left.

I’m still owed a PRS guitar for my 40th, but sent this photo to my wife for ‘reference’ regardless. I still need to get around to the Speedmaster Auto > Pro upgrade.

That was an amazing deal, btw. I’ve honestly never heard of a discount on luxury watches before outside of the usual haggle over the counter, I didn’t know they existed.

Comment

Back in the noughties you could haggle any luxury watch down, but it definitely isn't so much the case now. I even bought a Rolex at a main dealer in 2006 with a £1000 discount on RRP, nowadays you can't even buy one without jumping through hoops for years.

I'm still quite surprised at the discount my wife was offered, but obviously the main benefit was it being duty free at the airport. As much as it was a panicky "Buy it now or it's gone" snap decision that had to be made, I'm really glad I bought it. I like it much more than the Speedmaster Broad Arrow that I sold last year. The micro adjustment on the bracelet is a god send in comparison to my other watches.

Comment

If your watch doesn't have Super Mario Bros 3 game and watch on it and Casio branding you're all doing it wrong

Comment

the Fenix 7x Solar Sapphire ; I must admit it is sweet. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. It's a big chunky beast !!

Comment

I've been rocking the Speedmaster Automatic as my daily driver since the weather turned good.

I'm not a fan of the bracelet pulling hairs out all the time, but it is what it is. I've been meaning to trade it in for an upgrade to a Pro, although, unless my memory is playing tricks on me the prices seem to have gone prohibitively insane.

Comment

speedmaster! Iconic timepiece, dont sell it.

Comment

Working...
                                X