PlayTrade - Play.com's version of Amazon Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so the downfall of ebay begins!

I've been using Amazon Marketplace this last week and have sold something every day - so easy! Fees are f*cking high though, I sold a phone for ?290 and got ?250 for it, but it would probably be the same if it was on ebay. The best thing about this playtrade and amazon is that they do the fees once and once only, and take it when you're paid - so you don't feel like you've lost out at the end of the month when you've got a ?200 bill like on ebay!

Only wish you could list new items on play

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
      Hmmm, i listed 70 odd CD's and DVD's this morning but none of them seem to be showing on the site when i search for the item. I can understand a slight delay for the items to be listed but it's been 10 hours now...?

Ooops i missed the activation email. Knob-hed
      HAHA! You big fool!

OK, fine, not really. I'll be joining you in the knobhead club! I was wondering why my stuff wasn't showing, I'd have never realised if you hadn't posted that either. I'm such a prat!

Comment

Set up a Playtrade account yesterday after reading this thread, already had an account with Play and fouind it really easy, never used ebay or amazon, i find ebay to be a bit daunting and my sister has an account anyway should i ever need use of it, anyway i put my Sopranos boxsets 1-5 up for sale yesterday in the hope of raising funds towards the complete boxset, no takers yet though

Comment

Originally posted by IanE View Post
          They don't let you sell region one stuff at all, I just gave them a call, asking them if the money expires (it never does), if they let you sell consoles (yes, you can if you're a ProTrader which I am now!) and how long it takes to be able to access your money (21 days, even if you want to spend it on Play.com).

So overall, I'm extremely happy, just listed my Nintendo Wii and Slimline PS2, ten items sold overnight, and I've got over ?400 in my account! Whee. This is extremely good, but I feel it could easily become not as good if more and more people use it to sell items. I'm happy so many people are willing to buy items from private sellers on Play, would have thought they wouldn't have been too keen. Also sold two Japanese DS games already too, which is nice.
          Its only 21 days if your new, as i can spend my sales money as soon as i click the posted button.

Only downside is not many people leave feedback.

Comment

That was my point, you can't access it for 21 days when you sign up!

I've sold over 65 items in three days now, looking at my emails, it must be over 70 now, it's ridiculous! The piles of stuff I have don't seem to be getting any smaller. I guess that's a good thing though.

I love how the fees are clear and don't feel like they're robbed from you every time you think the bill is high. Got about £600 - £700 in my balance now, only one bit of feedback, I think I'll e-mail them all and tell them to leave me some!

Comment

sounds cool, might shift my HD DVD TV series on there then.

Comment

I've put a few things up, nothing sold yet but they arn't the most mainstream of listings. The price it shows when you submit is the price you get, is that correct. Unless you want to Bank Transfer it, then it's minus 5%.

Comment

I sold a Manics CD this morning. It's so easy. Wish i'd done it ages ago.
                  I like the way they show you how much the lowest prices are so you can gauge what to put yours on at. I think 90% of mine are lowest price.
                  I can see it going a bit **** if alot of people use it to sell though as profits are fairly slim when you consider P&P is part of the sale price.

Comment

Just stuck a DVD on there... seems fairly painless so far!

Not looked at it much, but assuming you can only sell UK items (ie. not Region 1 dvds)? Or does playusa.com have a similar thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
                      Hmmm, i listed 70 odd CD's and DVD's this morning but none of them seem to be showing on the site when i search for the item. I can understand a slight delay for the items to be listed but it's been 10 hours now...?

Ooops i missed the activation email. Knob-hed
                      I listed some at the start of the week and wondered why they weren't showing up so thanks a lot for this!

Comment

I listed a few things on there yesterday and have sold a couple already. It's an absolute piece of piss to set-up. One question though: it says it is commission free in January but I have had the 10% taken off my sales before the money has been added to my account. Do I get the money back at the end of the month?
                        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

It basically sorts itself out, so they get refunded in a day or so, it'll work, don't worry.

I wake up.. five DVDs sold, a few PS2 games and my Wii!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                            Not looked at it much, but assuming you can only sell UK items (ie. not Region 1 dvds)? Or does playusa.com have a similar thing?
                            To answer this... Nope, you can't sell region 1 dvds or american blu rays
                            Originally posted by play.com when I tried
                            Your item cannot be sold via PlayTrade at this time.
                            Sorry, but the sale of some items via PlayTrade is restricted.
                            Although there are used listings for the items I'm trying to sell so not sure why it's not allowing me!

Comment

You usually have to be a ProTrader, although I am one.. yet can't sell them either. Weird. I'll give them a call.

Comment

Odd. The items I was trying were Talladega Nights and The Prestige blu-rays... (american versions)

Comment

Working...
                                X