No announcement yet.

PlayTrade - Play.com's version of Amazon Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, just called them, if you search for a HD-DVD/Blu-ray film in Play.com (not the PlayTrade part), then click on the PlayTrade listings and go to the bottom, it says Sell Yours Here.. click on that and it lets you list it fine. You may need to be a ProTrader though.

Comment

Ah right thanks. I'll give it a whirl

Edit: yep, seems protraders only!
      Last edited by ChrisF; 11-01-2008, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Gubbins View Post
        And so the downfall of ebay begins!

Only wish you could list new items on play
        Sir, you can!

Comment

I thought he meant that, buttt, I think he means 'new' items, as in, items they don't list yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            Sir, you can!
            By that i meant new listings - i.e. DVDs they don't sell themselves. (like you can on amazon). Is this possible?

Comment

Give them a call, Saynoto0870.com - search for playtrade. Keep calling up the fit-sounding woman there, hah.

Comment

Looks like I have a sale pending. Been pending since 7pm though, so I get the feeling it isn't going through. Wonder if it's to do with me being a lot lower than the other pre-owned copies?

Comment

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's only the first TEN items that you sell that are commission free.

Comment

Yup, second paragraph, first post! And I wake up with about 50 parcels to post today good grief.

Comment

Doh. Thought I'd read it somewhere. You seem to be doing well!

Do you (or anyone) have any idea how I can spend my credit? According to the help it says just proceed to check out then select PlayTrade as the payment method. I don't get the option as choosing a payment method as I have a credit card associated with my account.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post

Do you (or anyone) have any idea how I can spend my credit? According to the help it says just proceed to check out then select PlayTrade as the payment method. I don't get the option as choosing a payment method as I have a credit card associated with my account.
                        Dude, you have to wait 21 days before you can do ANYTHING with your moolah - after that, it's spend spend spend!

Can I spend the cash in my PlayFunds account immediately?
                        As a security feature, before you can spend or withdraw the money in your PlayFunds account you must register your bank details in the Account Preferences section of your PlayTrade account. 21 days after you register your bank details you may spend or withdraw money from your PlayFunds account.

Please note: You do not have to wait until you have sold something to register your bank details with us, which can reduce the amount of time you need to wait before you can spend or withdraw money from your PlayFunds account.
                        Taken from here

Hope this helps (it has been mentioned once or twice on here though )

Comment

I tell you what, I'm losing my marbles. I blame lack of sleep. Thanks (and sorry!)

Comment

My pleasure, and don't worry - it happens to the best of us

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post

Yeah, not doing too bad:

PlayTrade SALES
                              +?1796.59
                              PlayTrade REFUNDS
                              −?18.88
                              PlayTrade FEES
                              −?159.88

The credit thing is annoying, BUT, also the most sensible thing I've come across - helps negate fraud, and means I don't just go spending all my money on Play.com!

Comment

Wow - what will you do with it all?

Comment

Working...
                                X