No announcement yet.

The Snooker thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to agree with what someone had posted earlier about Higgins being banned for life instead of the paltry 6 months he got, but if true that he was threatened then that's awful. He seems perfectly alright now though.
    This was the first game of snooker I'd seen for more than 10 years but I'd forgot how good the game is to watch. Where I live I don't think there are any snooker halls unfortunately.. Feel like getting my game on.

Comment

I read a newspaper article (just earlier) It didn't mention any family threatining, but said Higgins refused to throw frames/matches..

I really don't know what is what unfortunately, perhaps well this thread is active..people could shed some light onto it...

Comment

Hate higg the pig, unlucky Trump im sure he will win it in the next few years.

Comment

If you go back over news footage and the hidden video, he's caught bang to rights "agree'ing" to throw frames and explaining how easy it is to his co-conspiritors. His excuse was that he felt threatened and went along with it....please. He shouldn't have gone to a meeting with a couple of shady characters in the first place. He must have known it wasn't about buying a timeshare.

Doesn't really matter anyway now as he got what he got and served his time regardless of what anyone thinks. I did feel a bit for him when Hazel Irvine kept banging on about his dad who passed away a few months ago watching him from up above and making him tearful.

Good WC tho overall and Trump was a real breath of fresh air with his play. Reminded me of O'Sullivan or White in his heyday with some of his amazing shots. I agree he can't take too much away from his game but he does need to work on his safety play and all round defensive game as his maverick approach to some of the shots he made cost him almost all of his frames in the final. You simply can't play that way against a top operator like Higgins as they will just wait for mistakes and clear up or grind out defensive wins.

Comment

Shame for Trump but I'm sure he'll win a good few more tournaments and maybe the WC in future.

Comment

Hope you're all enjoying the 'shorter format' UK. How many tournaments a season now!!

Sunday afternoon saw Rocket see off the Legend 6-1.

Comment

I preferred the longer format for this one, there's only really one major now that puts them under the pressure of having to perform over multiple sessions.

New lady referee on table two this evening, althought table one looks to be the more interesting match.
                Last edited by Flabio; 04-12-2011, 19:03.

Comment

My covers up - I'm ShadowDancer. If it wasn't for Davis respecting Hearn, i'd probably be more Angry.

Balance is in order tho, it isn't there. Yan is class, hope it does it.

Comment

Trump v Dale today, I can hardly control myself

Comment

Anyone know where I can find footage of the lol Quinten Hann Break Off shots...

My little brother has never seen them, I'm sure it was against Andy Hicks....

Hann had issues for sure...Which is a shame, colourful (But obv can't be forgiven)

Anyone please help...

Update is 2 a piece (Judd Trump & dominic Dale) Love them both actually, in my element.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                        New lady referee on table two this evening, althought table one looks to be the more interesting match.
                        Is she fit?

Comment

Trump v Robertson match was pretty amazing. Some superb play and very tense.

I haven't seen this rumoured new lady ref.

Comment

Doubt you will again in this one. They won't be using anyone new for the semis or final.

Comment

Trump v Robertson was absolutely great viewing.

Can't wait for the final now

Comment

Edit - caught a glimpse of the lady ref via the open plan in the earlier stages.

In all my years of watching snooker, I've never seen so many mistakes made by a ref than Tabb, shes made many errors, including knocking balls when re-spotting a colour.

Comment

Working...
                                X