Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Fraud or "Yay! All my money has been stolen".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy View Post
    Have you ever used the card on DVDCrave? They've had a security breach recently.
    Nope & I don't think I will after reading about that.

Comment

I have just been hit by the fraudsters. £737 was used last night from my bank account. Luckily I noticed this morning so the funds haven't actually left the account yet. Halifax said they should reappear in my account in 5 days or so.

thieving scroats is all i have to say

Comment

FFS, good thing you caught it so fast Mike. What had they been trying to buy?

Comment

The transactions were in Argos, Tescos and Tescos petrol. It's left me skint though and the wife's birthday is next week with no access to any cash

Comment

Well, add me to the roster - thankfully not for too much, but some wee pikey has spent £250 of my money with a company called AG Aromatherapy.

Off to the bank I go.

Comment

Well, four hours, two different banks, eight telephone numbers and any amount of people who sounded like they were speaking English for the first time, and I'm still not 100% sure what's going on.

What I am sure of is that no-one is getting any Christmas presents from me this year, as it'll be up to two weeks until I get my new card.

Sooooo ****ing glad it wasn't for £1,000 or whatever.

Comment

Any idea how it happened?

One of them hole in the wall jobs or stole online etc.

Comment

Not a clue mate, looking through my statements I've not spent any money in the last couple of months that I hadn't been spending money with before (to be honest nearly all of my payments have been for bills, to Videogamesplus, who I've been using for years, Domino's pizza (), Sainsbury's and Marks & Spencer).

Scary stuff. The bank said that the payment was made at 2:15am on November 27th, and the company appear to be based in New Zealand (not that that matters).

Comment

Are you kidding me mate ? Newzealand?

Did you not see the news tonight? They caught this Newzealand internet hacker who was raiding everyones bankaccounts, credit cards etc using new hacking methods.

Comment

Well I would've seen the news, had I not been wasting my time trying to speak to the bank!

Guess that could have something to do with it eh?

Comment

I had a ?50 on vodaphone as well last month. Bank cancelled card and refunded quickly, so this one must be quite common.

Comment

Just looked it up - if I've been ripped off by some ****ing teenager with a penchant for aromatherapy oils, I'm personally flying over there to break his face.

Comment

I'm fairly sure my CC 'problem' was done for or by a female. With my second CC trouble the places defrauded included a mobile top up site but also Victoria's Secrets, The Early Learning Centre and a baby clothing retailer in Birmingham. Paints a picture to me of some chavvy slut living somewhere unfashionable in the Midlands who's been knocked up by her boyfriend/pimp :-)

Comment

Well I've just been hit again, this time on my credit card. Luckily the transaction was refused immediatley but it means I can't use it to get stuff I was going to buy until my new one arrives

Comment

Add myself to the list. Went to pay December's statement online this morning and spot a number of unrecognised transactions to a couple of travel firms (coach travel by the looks of it). The most recent one was odd as the company debited me £100, then credited me £100 then debited it again. Perhaps they were trying to be clever and hope that I would only glance at the statement and assume that it was sorted automatically.

Luckily a quick 15 minute call to Halifax Card Services and it's all sorted out so judging from some stories here, I got off quite easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X