Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i (grudgingly) paid ?6! for a small cheese and tomato bagette at a local design show.

Comment

Thats one thing that REALLY pisses me off, overcharging food and drinks at events like that. Dont you just want to hit the people with baseball bats, Frank West - Photojournalist style!

Comment

Me and the missus recently where in florida and throughout the holiday I was amazed at how cheap it was, steak dinners for like a fiver and stuff

Then we got to the airport for the return flight and it was delayed for hours so we got 8$ food vouchers and I thought nice nice ill get some decent scran

I then find that the "food court" is a grotty burger place thats charging me a fiver for a ****e microwaved burger and fries, couldnt even afford to get the coke on the 8$ voucher.

Things like that really get on my nerves, especially with you no longer allowed to bring food and drink into the departure lounge, it can only get worse

Comment

I was in a bike shop on Sunday, buying random junk. They're all a bit snobby in there so they were treating me like a noob.... until they discovered that I have a nice retro bike. The body language change was incredible, all excited and talking about steel frames: I was suddenly one of the in-crowd. LoL.

Then I spent a lazy afternoon setting up my rim brakes so they don't squeak. Amazing how much time you can waste doing that.

Comment

I'll be buying a bike when I get to China. I'll surely end up very hurt at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo
              I was in a bike shop on Sunday, buying random junk. They're all a bit snobby in there so they were treating me like a noob.... until they discovered that I have a nice retro bike. The body language change was incredible, all excited and talking about steel frames: I was suddenly one of the in-crowd. LoL.

Then I spent a lazy afternoon setting up my rim brakes so they don't squeak. Amazing how much time you can waste doing that.
              I cant stand going into bike shops, they really annoy me, 99% of the people are just pricks that treat you like ****. Its really strange. I'm getting a ?600 hardtail next month so they better be on their best behaviour when I'm in getting it!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                I'll be buying a bike when I get to China. I'll surely end up very hurt at some point.
                LOL, guaranteed - I've seen how they drive over there

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                  Don't actually think we've stopped talking since.

Next date planned for next weekend when we're both off.
                  Good on yer matey!

Been a mad weekend for me. Ended up out until the wee hours of Saturday down Bas Vegas. I made the mistake of ditching beer that night and opted for various amounts of shots and Smirnoffs (lightweight y'see), got stonkingly hammered and vaguely remember seeing larger ladies bearing all on the video screens in the "Hot Tub" contest in one of the clubs we went in. The missus' bollocking me for vaulting a steel fence to cross the road instead of using the piss-smelling subway on our way home and talking crap to a bunch of drunkards by the Kebab van whilst we waited for our taxi home.

Felt like **** the next morning, eventually hauled my arse outta bed and made my way down to the nearest KFC to soak up some of the alcohol and felt immediately better, then off again down Bas Vegas in the evening for a Ruby Murray and The Black Dahlia.

The less said about yesterday, the better. My lot lost to the Arse, in a ****ty mood for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum
                    LOL, guaranteed - I've seen how they drive over there
                    The dangerous thing is I wouldn't need any traffic to end up hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo

go on then, i'll bite... what you got?

Comment

my guess: Raleigh Lizard.

Comment

my mate's got one of those, wouldn't call it a 'classic' as such though...

Comment

heheh. Only real "classic" I've seen recently is a GT Zaskar LE with Pace carbon forks, Ringle hubs, XT thumbshifters (!!!!!!) (i.e. not rapidfire) and a whole bunch of the trickest kit on it (back in the day). It cost him ?3k in 1995. Still in stunning condition.

Comment

i still lust after a gt lobo... that said the new marin quake al7 is a stunningly well made bike, it's utterly unstoppable downhill which is terrifying. i actually went on a training day with shaums march (ex pro rider) and he's sponsored by marin and i got to tank about on one all day.

want.

sad thing is i have something equivalent anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                                my guess: Raleigh Lizard.
                                Pfft.
                                Clockwork Orange, so classic I used to own it.

(though many years ago I did own a Lizard )
                                Last edited by PeteJ; 18-09-2006, 16:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X