Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it still libel if it's true? Not saying it is as I know nothing about these people, but perhaps that's an accurate description...? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
      Is it still libel if it's true? Not saying it is as I know nothing about these people, but perhaps that's an accurate description...? Just wondering.
      If you can prove the precise truth of the disputed words, you can plead justification - but with things relating to a person's motives or state or mind (such as their sexuality) the courts will not accept any evidence as conclusive.

Also you're still not allowed to make unfounded innuendoes or imputations, nor imply dishonest motives or habitual conduct, even if you can prove the face meaning of the words. So the bit about them having a "marriage of convenience" is still defamatory even if you could prove the rest.
      Last edited by MattyD; 17-01-2007, 15:57. Reason: simplified ;)

Comment

Righto.

Comment

I got the new Mercury for PSP today and as I havent played my PSP for ageeesss I needed to charge it, but cant find the charger, searched high and low and don't even know what it looks like. Anyone help me out? Is it similar to the PStwo one where you have the power block attatched in the middle of the lead or what? I really cant remember but it may help if I at least know what I'm looking for!

Otherwise I'm stuck with the ****ty USB charger which takes ages and has a loose connection so doesnt always work..

Comment

LOL.

it's just a little black block with an 8-way connection for either a 110v or 230v lead to go into. Er, that's about it. I'd take a pic but my camera is at work.

I should sell my PSP. If I do that I'd have to buy a 4th MP3 player which will no doubt get nicked/lost like the previous three though. Plus I'd miss Ridge too much.

Comment

Just looking at the houses on a sister-site to the one I work one, top priced house £32 million, or a 4 bedroom flat for a bargain £11 million

Imagine the mortgage repayments on either of those

Comment

Both of those properties are seriously amazing though, love the penthouse flat.

Funny to think it's not even lottery winning money though, way above that.

Comment

Somebody made a Zelda version of that Phoenix Wright OBJECTION! generator:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!

You can even insert your own item images! If I don't see some comedy caption follow-ups I'l be very disappointed...

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                    Both of those properties are seriously amazing though, love the penthouse flat.

Funny to think it's not even lottery winning money though, way above that.
                    Having £1m isn't considered 'rich' these days - you need more like £10m.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
                      Having ?1m isn't considered 'rich' these days - you need more like ?10m.
                      It bloody well is rich to me!!

Comment

Don't know why, but reminds me of a Seany-like post ..

Be aware of this. I had a lucky escape. I walked into B&Q last night and some bloody student looking type dressed in orange asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky ? pass this warning on!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                          Just looking at the houses on a sister-site to the one I work one, top priced house ?32 million, or a 4 bedroom flat for a bargain ?11 million
                          ouch. and i'm assuming these actually sell... it's amazing how much cash some people have access to.

and here's me renting a ?200k 3 storey place in harrogate thinking it's expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                            It bloody well is rich to me!!

And to all of the rest us I'm sure.

There are about 500,000 millionaires in the UK now, so I guess they wanted to up the requirements to keep out the riff-raff.

Comment

There was some bloke in one of those free London papers who gets a basic wage of 40 million a year. He's a banker, obviously, a house like that would nothing to him. He just sold his old house to Schevchenko for 7.1 million.

Comment

Anybody have a hangover cure,or at least something that will take the sting out of it?

Check out this **** on T4. She's not helping at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X