Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just a nice little result. I bough Gun for the Gamecube the other week for ?3.95, but the company sent me the 360 version by mistake. Anyway, the game was poor and I finished it quickly and promised to never play it again. I asked at my local Blockbuster how much trade in I would get for it, they said ?8. I have just returned from there and the bloke behind the counter messed up and I somehow managed to trade Gun for a new copy of Lost Planet and it cost me ?9.99. I'm well chuffed.
    It makes up for all the scratched DVD's I have had to return to the same Blockbuster.

Comment

Its on selected games, and that selection can be up to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
        I've just a nice little result. I bough Gun for the Gamecube the other week for ?3.95, but the company sent me the 360 version by mistake. Anyway, the game was poor and I finished it quickly and promised to never play it again. I asked at my local Blockbuster how much trade in I would get for it, they said ?8. I have just returned from there and the bloke behind the counter messed up and I somehow managed to trade Gun for a new copy of Lost Planet and it cost me ?9.99. I'm well chuffed.
        It makes up for all the scratched DVD's I have had to return to the same Blockbuster.
        You jammy sod (^_^)

Comment

Originally posted by melenko View Post
          Its on selected games, and that selection can be up to the store.
          I know, but Gun is deffo not on the list. That is games like GRAW 2, Crackdown etc. As I was watching the bloke behind the counter fumbling with the till I knew he didn't know what he was doing.

Comment

I need a day off of work. A day to stay in bed and rest, and not drink and not be subjected to the carnal claw.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Cat survives 35 days in shipping container :awwwwww:

Comment

Hot damn. No more Twixes or Bountys for me as they're now using animal rennet extracted from the stomachs of calves

Comment

You're still OK to eat bacon right?
                  Twixes I can live without...

Comment

very wierd move by Masterfoods. Surely pissing off a % of the population.

Comment

Its wierd they think only hardcore veggies will care too

in my experience all vegetarians abstain from animal rennet.

Comment

i love it... y'know how yorkie bars have "not for girls" on the side? i can see the marketing campaign for these new mars products now

"f**k veggies"

i'd buy.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          Its wierd they think only hardcore veggies will care too

in my experience all vegetarians abstain from animal rennet.
                          Unfortunately that kind of arrogance is all too common with food companies. Just about all of the haribo-style jelly sweets contain gelatin extracted from the bone marrow of pigs or cows but very few manufacturers think it's a big enough deal to explicitly list it as animal derived in the ingredients.

It's especially annoying because vegetarian alternatives to animal rennet and gelatin exist and are widely used, but unless the manufacturer specifies which type they use a lot of vegetarians will simply err on the side of caution and avoid the products. A little care and understanding are all it would take to stop losing those sales but it's clearly not a high priority for certain manufacturers.

Comment

God help me.... I was just chatting to a lass from work on the messages on xbox live.

I've just, inadvertently, compared myself to a "huge beefcake of a man with an enormous gun".

I was being ironic about the beefcake bit and not really thinking about who I was talking to - I'm used to being smutty on live with my mates - it was only after I sent it I realised how it sounded.

I'm half mortified and half laughing

Edit: sinking further into mortified as I remember that she usually plays videogames with her bloke.
                            Last edited by Ish; 14-05-2007, 21:44.

Comment

MattyD - Our lass is the same, she actually complained to Masterfoods. They clearly don't know what the word vegetarian actually means.

Ish - Has she replied?

Comment

Nope. And left Live.

Oh man. I mean its not as if I don't know her but she's not someone I'd tell I had an enormous gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X