Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!

Comment

Superb. And to think Mrs G and I were singing "Bye bye Murray, goodbye" not so long ago!

Comment

That was an incredible match.

Comment

'Tips cap to him', good performance.

Still think he's an arrogant **** & hope he gets destroyed by Nadal.

Comment

Wow that was absolutely AWESOME! Two hours ago it seemed so over. Amazing comeback, he really didn't give up at all. Nadal match should be really interesting now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
              Wow that was absolutely AWESOME! Two hours ago it seemed so over. Amazing comeback, he really didn't give up at all. Nadal match should be really interesting now.
              Excellent resillience and fighting spirit from Murray, but Gasquet blatantly choked. Losing a tennis match when you're 2 sets to love up with a break in the third and serving for the match is criminal. Once Murray won the third set, it was obvious that he was going to win. Sums Gasquet up - talent to spare but lacks the stomach for a fight when things get tough.

Murray vs Nadal should be a classic but the Scot will need to up his game CONSIDERABLY and pull out all the stops and more if he's going to win. Nadal won't choke in front of the Centre Court crowd, that's for sure.

Comment

Yeah, if Nadal gets the first set he'll probably win so Murray will have to go out there from the start and push it!

But what he lacks in skill, he makes up for with resilience as you say! He doesn't know when to give up which is great.

As much as Nadal should win the match, I don't think you can write Murray off until the game is actually over now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                  Murray has a better temperament. Gasquet has been hyped for some time now but has never been able to deal with the expectation and come through. How many set points has Murray saved and how poor was Gasquet when he served for the match? It's his talent that has gotten him into this position but his temperament is letting him down at times. Murray's really fighting when he's down though and his defence is excellent.
                  It's as I said halfway through the match.

I've been supporting Ancic, Safin and Murray from the beginning, glad to see all of them go through especially as it looked as if 2 of them would go out. Safin at his best can beat Federer. That could be an excellent semi final.

Comment

I swear I heard somewhere that there was going to be a match between Tim Henman and John Mcenro this evening. Is that right?

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Murray did a lot for himself by winning that match - not just by getting through to the quarter finals but also by showing what he's made of. I don't think us Brits are that bothered by winners, but what we hate seeing is our heros rolling over and dieing in the face of adversity. Murray was on the very brink and brought it back.

Originally posted by Ampanman
                      Still think he's an arrogant **** & hope he gets destroyed by Nadal.
                      I don't mind Murray's slight arrogance. A always thought Tiger Tim was a bit too full of the British reserve. The crowd would be going nuts on centre court and Tim would just stand there like a rabbit in the headlights. Murray may be an ugly bast when he's gurning away, but at least he uses the crowd.

Love the last point too. I full expected him to go completely spastic when he won the match, but instead he casually brings out the guns .

Comment

That picture's disturbing!

Comment

He looks like Sideshow Bob on Roids.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                            He looks like Sideshow Bob on Roids.
                            ...with a bit of Napoleon Dynamite thrown in for good measure!!

Comment

Good day today! Murray Vs Nadal, I think Nadal will more than likely win, but i'll be rooting for the Scot'.

Comment

Murray is second match on Centre Court, so could start anytime from around 3pm onwards, Federer match and weather permitting.

Be a great scalp if he beats Nadal.

Comment

Working...
                                X