Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And proving I can't go one journey without dealing with a stupid driver.

I can incredibly close to slamming into the side of a woman at 40-50mph.

High speed roundabout, I'm one car of in a steady stream of traffic, going straight on. The woman at the exit for whatever reason decided it was ok to pull out right in front of me. Thankfully she did stop (most of the way into the road) as I would've stood no chance whatsoever if she had pulled out but she still forced me to brake hard and steer suddenly around her.

Would've written off my car for sure and I can't imagine she would've come out of that car without major injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      How long? Ordered my car on April 17th, finally picking it up this Friday!
      It was ordered on Tuesday 13 July and they said there's an 8-12 week delivery time, but if it rolls into October they won't give me as much for the part exchange, so I'm really hoping it comes in September (the end of Sept will be 10 weeks).

Comment

That's not a bad wait time for a car especially if it's a non standard specification. Out Golf estate was ordered in March and arrived in December! The mark VI had been announced by the time we received our motor.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          That's not a bad wait time for a car especially if it's a non standard specification. Out Golf estate was ordered in March and arrived in December! The mark VI had been announced by the time we received our motor.
          I've ordered an iQ3 and the only options I took are the CVT transmission and iUrban pack (rear parking sensors, boot lining and mats - got this for free).

I believe all iQs are assembled in Japan, then a boat trip here. I'll be really annoyed if it just runs into October costing me more money for the sake of a few days. I don't know why they take so long though, it's not like my dealer was inundated with iQ orders.
          Last edited by MJ; 20-07-2010, 14:48. Reason: Corrected a spelling.

Comment

Rear parking sensors on that thing? Surely you can just reach around the back and check how close you are?

Comment

Guys, you think you have it bad in the UK with moron drivers. Try driving in Japan. I'm probably a better driver than all of you due to driving here for 10 years

EVERYDAY I come across the following.

Dickheads driving 50kmph in a 80kmph lane
              Idiots moving from the slow lane in to the fast lane and continue at the same bloody speed causing a rolling roadblock. GRRRRR
              Changing lanes without F*ing looking.
              No idea what an indicator is for. Yep, Japanese almost never use them and if they do it's when they start to move.
              Same as the UK, white van men should all be castrated then forced to eat their balls. Idiots the lot of them!
              Sudden breaking for no reason what so ever.

I can go on forever but I'm sure you get the idea. The odd thing is that in Yamaguchi where I live people drive pretty well following the rules and so on but in Kyushu where I work it's a nightmare at times. The amount of cursing I do every morning is shocking.

Comment

Number45, you'll be wanting this... http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/f...-owners/717155

Comment

Not sure I'll need the check, what with me not picking the car up until Friday and all.

Comment

Rear parking sensors on that thing? Surely you can just reach around the back and check how close you are?
                    I know, but I wanted the mats and boot lining and they gave me the iUrban pack for free.

Comment

Fair enough.

I'm currently trying to make my petrol last until Friday at 16:00 so that I can handover on fumes. I guessed at £35 last Thursday but I'm not sure I'll have enough. Well, I might have done if I hadn't caned the car last Friday...

Comment

Today is the day. Finally.

Pissing down at the moment though.

Comment

Today is the day. Finally.

Pissing down at the moment though.
                          Pics please.

Interested in this, the mrs is after a new Golf Gti but these look nice.

Comment

As my insurer said to me when I sorted that out last week, you get so much car for your money with these. Think a similarly specced GTI would run you close to £30k.

Comment

Indeed, once you start adding options Golf's become a little pricey I agree.

Comment

Hope you have a good day today 45... and congrats! Hope they dont keep you waiting around doing paperwork too long!

Comment

Working...
                                X