This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
    Indeed, once you start adding options Golf's become a little pricey I agree.
    I'd say they were pricey from the outset... even the slowest, most basic model of Golf will set you back over 15k. That's a lot of money for what is a fairly generic car nowadays.

Comment

It's wubbly

Haven't got any pics for you (Well, other than one from the showroom with the car under a burgundy 'reveal' type sheet...), I'll get some tomorrow hopefully.

Scared me ****less putting in the garage though. The driving position is SO different to the Clio. Having to park it closer in on the left than I usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
        I'd say they were pricey from the outset... even the slowest, most basic model of Golf will set you back over 15k. That's a lot of money for what is a fairly generic car nowadays.
        Yeah, but, what the wife wants she gets etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          It's wubbly

Haven't got any pics for you (Well, other than one from the showroom with the car under a burgundy 'reveal' type sheet...), I'll get some tomorrow hopefully.

Scared me ****less putting in the garage though. The driving position is SO different to the Clio. Having to park it closer in on the left than I usually do.
          Tuck it up nicely and get some pics posted tomorrow asap!

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
            Ok I'm a tad biased but the current generation Golf has arguably the best chassis in it's class and the perceived quality is miles above the Astra or Focus. Not to mention the VAG group diesels and TSI engines which are excellent power plants.

Comment

Indeed, the golf has always had a strong chassis, and build quality has generally been superior to that of its rivals - The diesel engine is amazing.

Although I do think as vw has grown in market share, they are not quite to the standard they once where, certainly in respect of trim.

It always makes me smile when people complain about vw prices, because the original value is offset by a very strong second hand value, and it has been that way for a long time.

Comment

I'm not complaining about the price, I just don't want to pay ?30k for a car.

Turned out yesterday was a busy day! Did take a few pictures though (At a cemetery):

Haven't caned it yet, I'm still breaking it in.

(Note: I didn't go to the cemetery just for the pics...)

Comment

Looking good Number45, like the colour. Get back to us with some driving impressions when you've had it a few days.

Comment

Really really nice mate, awesome colour.

Love the look of that exhaust too, cane it soon dude it's under warranty

Comment

Sorry to ask #45 I know it's rude but how much did you pay for it dude and did they offer any decent finance?

Just shown the wife the pics and she loves it!

Comment

£24k. Renault Finance as a rule are fantastic.

To give you some idea, I looked into maybe getting an Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra. Cost of that was 18k and they were having me pay the same amount per month as I am with this AND they wanted me to put some extra towards it.

Comment

Just registered interest in one!

Comment

good stuff there #45 ! really looking this new Megane !

have fun with the car !! (that shouldn´t be any problem I guess)

Comment

I paid the same on an Ibiza FR that I am now for my CLS... Go figure. Gotta love depreciation! Or lack of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Ok I'm a tad biased but the current generation Golf has arguably the best chassis in it's class and the perceived quality is miles above the Astra or Focus. Not to mention the VAG group diesels and TSI engines which are excellent power plants.
                                I'm inclined to agree with you there!

I've got a 1.4TSI (The basic 122bhp one) and it's loads of fun, very easy and comfortable to drive and just a really nice solid car. Certainly no complaints from me. My brother who is used to cars with a bit more kick to them was very impressed with the power/response, as was my Dad - and even then Dad only saw the automatic I test drove and not the manual I have.

I don't know much about the technical side of cars and things like that, but I'm more than happy with my Golf

Comment

Working...
                                X