Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome Wools, nice write up. I am officially dead jealous.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen it, but Peugeot's new 'Just add fuel' offer is rather impressive and seems like a very cost effective way to get a nice new car!

Peugeot - Just add fuel

Comment

It's just another name for a lease/finance package. The price examples they give are for the lease package of course, so you're just spending a lot of money to rent a car. I really don't see the appeal.

Actually, I thought I'd have a look through the small print to see what Peugeot ultimately get out of this. So, you dump over a grand to initially drive away their cheapest car (107). Spend ?185 a month over the next 35 months after that, total cost at the end = ?7.5k. At this point they will want the car back from you (because after all, you don't own it).

You can, however, opt to pay a final rental fee of ?3.6k - bringing up the total to around ?11k. At this point there's no more free insurance/servicing/road tax etc, warranty has expired, so you'd be mad to do this... considering you STILL won't own the car, and will STILL have to pay rental costs:

Originally posted by small print
        If you choose to pay off the optional final rental at the end of contract, you can keep the car but will not own it ? you will pay an annual rental equivalent to one of your monthly rentals.
        So Peugeot get over ?7k from you, and then they get the car back to sell on their forecourt as you'd be mad to keep paying for it (plus it will have a nice low mileage to attract customers, because they've limited you to around 6,000 miles a year during the period you had it).

In short? Campaign name gives off the impression of something good, but it's really not in the consumer's favour at all.

Comment

Blimey that's really not that good at all. I admit I didn't read all the small print as I'm not in the market for a car etc. I just saw all the spin and thought 'that seems like a good deal' when I clearly forgot the golden rule 'No such thing as a good deal!'

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
            Just got my insurance re-newal through the post the other day. Dropped by ?100 down to ?497
            If anyones seen my civic type-r in this thread they'll know it's far from standard and everything is declared to the insurance. I'm 30, no points and live in belfast. So you lot in England should be able to get insurance a fair bit cheaper.
            Cheaper? i wish! my Insurance for my Type-R was ?750 last year... got a renewal quote and it was ?1389!! 28yrs old, 6yrs no claims, London Postcode. i wish i could get it as cheap as you.....

Comment

Originally posted by mingo View Post
              Cheaper? i wish! my Insurance for my Type-R was ?750 last year... got a renewal quote and it was ?1389!! 28yrs old, 6yrs no claims, London Postcode. i wish i could get it as cheap as you.....
              Mine is heavily modified as well, no where near standard. Turbo kit etc, pushing out 310bhp. All mods, parts etc declared

Comment

after much, much effort I finally managed to rent something to give my E92 M3 some rest. What im renting isnt much different - its an Audi R8, see what its like!

Comment

Where are you going to drive it and how much time will you get with it? Don't forget to post a review.

Comment

You know how all vaguely sporty cars have been White for a couple if years due to paint fashion , well in the last week I've seen 2 cars with Matt White paint and one with Mary black racing stripes. Is this the next big thing?

If so AWESOME, I always wanted a matt finish car since I saw robocop and a car designed to look like a stealth bomber.

I try to emulate it by not washing my car, but it doeSnt have quite the same effect

Comment

Matt is actually becoming a bit old hat now. :|

Lambo have been doing it for a while and you can get matt vinyl wraps in whatever colour you want.

It didn't translate well to normal cars.

Comment

I think it was a porsch Cayanne sport I saw, and some hideously unrecognisable chavved up fiat that was parked up outside some beautiful old buildings in dresden.

I'd imagine it just becomes scratched or just shiny over time

Comment

My iQ3 is now in my possession.

Rear disc brakes too (the last revision 1.3 had drums whilst the 1.0 had discs):

Comment

Smashing.

Comment

That R8 was a lovely drive... when you got it into a road that had some space... still its a real looker and I enjoyed my time with it so I brought one from Audi the V10 version in White!! still I now need to wait for build time

Comment

Aww, isn't that cute Not too sure about the seats though. How is it to drive?

Comment

Working...
                                X