Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can my insurer even consider trying to charge me £550 more for this years policy compared to another company?!

And £200 more than they charged me last year, when Ihave an extra year of no claims and am now over 25 and my card is worth like 30% less?!

HOW?!

Comment

lol sounds like a good business

Comment

it really does, I feel sorry for any sucker that doesn't call up to cancel the renewal!

Comment

yeah im 24 and the M3's insurance is insane, we just have to ned over though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
            I brought a 2010 M3 to upgrade from my 2008 M3.

all new the extras too, cant wait to get it - 12 week wait though
            Will you be trading the knackered old 08 model in when you get the new one? Or will you just set fire to it and watch it burn.

Oh and Charles I think drug dealers have moved on to Audi R8's now.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
              Will you be trading the knackered old 08 model in when you get the new one? Or will you just set fire to it and watch it burn.

Oh and Charles I think drug dealers have moved on to Audi R8's now.
              lol damn, should get the R8 then

yeah I'll just trade the M3 for the updated one, plus I have a 530d (2010)

Comment

^^ Imagine the police busting the door down while you're playing Espgaluda in tate mode. I reckon they'd spend at least 3 seconds staring in bemusement before pouncing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                  yeah im 24 and the M3's insurance is insane, we just have to ned over though.
                  How insane is insane?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                    ^^ Imagine the police busting the door down while you're playing Espgaluda in tate mode. I reckon they'd spend at least 3 seconds staring in bemusement before pouncing.
                    Lol!!

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    How insane is insane?
                    ?5k a year

Comment

w
                      t
                      f

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        w
                        t
                        f
                        Yup, who said it was good to be young!?

Comment

Seems fairly reasonable if you're David Beckham lol.

I remember paying a grand when I was 18 on an XR2 thought that was bad!

I have worked in high risk insurance in the past and my wife still does, some of the premiums people especially sportsmen and celebs are prepared to pay are scary!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Got pulled for the first time ever. Was stuck behind someone doing 33 in a 40, so nothing coming on a straight road, I went for it and cruised back down to 40. Then see blue lights.

Hadn't noticed that the police car I was following moments earlier was 2 cars back.... I had turned off the main road and he had carried on. He must have done a u-turn and given it some serious beans to catch up with me by the time I did the overtake.
                            It has been a while since I read the Highway Code, but I thought overtaking was a legal manoeuvre, as long as the road markings allow it of course.

Rules for using the road, including general rules, overtaking, road junctions, roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and reversing.

Comment

lol 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                                It has been a while since I read the Highway Code, but I thought overtaking was a legal manoeuvre, as long as the road markings allow it of course.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...code/DG_070314
                                I think it was more the excessive speed I overtook at.... I could probably have cruised past at 45 and gotten away with it, but I used full bore in 2nd which makes a lot of noise and got me to rather more than that very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X