X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new gearbox

Comment

Only way is to take a deep breath, expect the worse but hope for the best and head to the dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        Did anyone see the Abarth 500 on TG last night? After my experience of the MiTo a couple of months ago it's got me very interested. 160bhp (in Esse Esse spec) in a little car like that would be a lot of fun I think, thought it looked great too.

My gf now really wants a MiTo by the way, she keeps going on about it. There's no way in the world I'll be buying a brand new car though.
        Jezza described the interior as like a man's wash bag. He used the same line in another another review, a couple of years ago. He is going senile.

Surely now is the time to get good deals on new cars as the dealers are desperate. You know you want a MiTo

In other news, Ferrari says screw the global meltdown. The rich will always remain so.....

Welcome to the world of the Scuderia Spider 16M
        Last edited by Richard.John; 11-11-2008, 02:06.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          bit of a car related problem......my vw polo 94...always had trouble changing gears was very stiff.....but now its getting really bad and i have to almost hammer the gear stick ....and at someTimes like when turning off in a junction i find it almost impossible to change to second or first gear

any ideas ?
          Could be lack of gearbox oil or needing new oil. If not could be a bigger problem.

Comment

Is the headlamp main beam part of the MOT test? My car passed with it not working...

Comment

Looks like it is? http://www.mot-test.net/mock-test/lights/index.htm

Comment

bit of a car related problem......my vw polo 94...always had trouble changing gears was very stiff.....but now its getting really bad and i have to almost hammer the gear stick ....and at someTimes like when turning off in a junction i find it almost impossible to change to second or first gear

any ideas ?
                Could just be the linkage. Is the problem worse on cold days and when you first start the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                  Is the headlamp main beam part of the MOT test? My car passed with it not working...
                  Yes it is.

Comment

any ideas ?
                    I'm going from memory here, but there used to be a kit you could buy that comprised of a ball and some other bits and bobs. This fitted directly onto the bottom of the gear stick. They where notorious for wearing. However the fault used to be selecting reverse instead of first, and vice versa.

Your not getting that? so it sounds more clutch wear related to me.

Comment

RIP Colin, excellent quote of his on a '96 Impreza.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had to take Lucy's car for a warranty fix on part of the dashboard today. Amazing colours on the leaves as I wound my way along the road over the south downs. Lovely day overall. Wish I could have had the time on my motorbike instead. Not a cloud in the sky.

Bought some offical Subaru carpet mats for her while I was at it. And picked up a Prodrive stone deflector for my Impreza that I'd ordered. We expected it to come as a pair. It's just one heheh. Symetrical. Might be able to mod it to fit the back too (it's only designed for the front), so will have a look before ordering either another one or another three.

Just in time for the rubbish weather.

In the rain over the last few days, I've had some sideways fun. Seems weird firing up the tarmac in full control, pointing in the wrong direction with the revs bouncing off the rev limiter while the car catches up This was of course all on a private airfield Not big, not clever.

Comment

took it for a quick look....guy reckons it might just be the clutch cable or a plate or someting....dont think its anything major thankfully (when the cars engine is off gears shift easily)

Comment

updated....my car went wrong last night could not change gears.....eventually managed to get into a gear and got home....took it to the garage today......5min with the spanner....and its almost fixed Lol....well he had to take in cos the actual gear stick linkage at the base needs some altering......kindoff made me wish i knew more about cars

Comment

Think yourself lucky pal. My gf's van has caused us no end of grief. On Wednesday something bent within the gearbox (some little selector or something) which in turn pushed a rod the wrong way into the clutch (which is hydraulic) which then knackered the clutch slave cylinder.

Had to get it towed to the garage. To find out what's wrong with it he had to drop the gearbox and clutch out. He thinks the slave cylinder can be repaired (if not £120), as it's out it makes sense to replace the clutch as it's pretty old and would only need doing in a while anyway (£110) and the labour to drop the gearbox and clutch is massive (£200+). OUCH, damn van is always breaking and we got a VW because they are supposed to be the most reliable there is.

Comment

Not had much luck with that van have you Al

Comment

Working...
                                X