Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a nightmare, a particularly bad one as I accidently put diesel in my car instead of petrol. I was quite relieved when I woke up.

Has anyone actually done this by mistake, and would you own up to it?

Comment

One of the bosses where I used to work did it, realised when he was paying, so didn't actually drive it, bloke came a nearby back street garage came and drained it, cost him thirty quid or so. Could have been much much worse (it was a BMW).

Comment

That really would ruin your day.

3,000 baby!! (ignore)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
          One of the bosses where I used to work did it, realised when he was paying, so didn't actually drive it, bloke came a nearby back street garage came and drained it, cost him thirty quid or so. Could have been much much worse (it was a BMW).

?30? I work for the RAC and this is a regular occurrence but your looking at upward of ?150 for a drainage your boss got a cracking deal there. It often amazes me because I cant imagine doing it myself but its mostly people with 2 cars that do it as they have been driving a diesel all week and then get in there petrol car and just forget you do get the odd complete moran though I even had a guy the other day who have put diesel in a motorbike WTF?

Comment

You a breakdown guy in a van all day johnno? That'll be worth remembering next time I have a technical!

Interesting job?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
              You a breakdown guy in a van all day johnno? That'll be worth remembering next time I have a technical!

Interesting job?
              I could lie mate and say I was but no Im just on the phones I do pick up quite a lot of info though if you have any probs.

Comment

Oh well, I'm disappointed

Just in case anyone's interested, the van's clutch slave cylinder was repaired and the total bill including a new clutch was £279. I like having a decent indie that doesn't try to rip you off

Also, I'm already seriously thinking of changing the MX-5, they're overrated I think.

Comment

Get a scoob. You know you want to. Cheap as chips at the mo.

Comment

I just couldn't live with the image or the petrol bills. A good mate of mine has a wagon similar to yours Charles and whilst it's stupidly rapid I just can't stand the site of the thing, sorry. Nor the tales of his 12-15mpg when he's doing anything other than driving like a granny.

I'm still swaying towards a TDi that can be chipped up to somewhere near 180bhp. Fabia VRs' seem to be uber hard to get hold of. SEAT's are like being inside a shell suit and the gf doesn't like golfs, what am I to do? Did VAG make an A3 with the golfs 130bhp TDi engine?

Comment

w00t

my contribution on here, i just bought me a Mazda 3 Series 16i TS2, arrives Wednesday..

Cant wait, my Old Clio is on its final legs, starter motor is about to pack up so fingers crossed it lasts 1 more day!!

Comment

I'm still swaying towards a TDi that can be chipped up to somewhere near 180bhp. Fabia VRs' seem to be uber hard to get hold of.
                        Have to say, if you want to actually drive the Fabia vRS hard, you should be prepared to change the suspension. Factory fit is like driving a bouncy castle. Nice and torquey but they do torque steer quite a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
                          w00t

my contribution on here, i just bought me a Mazda 3 Series 16i TS2, arrives Wednesday..

Cant wait, my Old Clio is on its final legs, starter motor is about to pack up so fingers crossed it lasts 1 more day!!

Congrats. The Mazda 3 is a great car.

Comment

SEAT's are like being inside a shell suit and the gf doesn't like golfs, what am I to do? Did VAG make an A3 with the golfs 130bhp TDi engine?
                            Hey, my SEAT isn't like a shellsuit (Altea XL)

What sort of budget are you looking at ? The normal Altea comes in an FR version which is fairly rapid, and handles well. It's a bit bigger than the Golf etc, but still quite sporty looking

(Prepares to be shot down in flames for suggesting a 'family' car...)

Comment

In the spirit of the the 'what consoles do you/have you owned' thread, maybe we should do a car version. How about first car, current car, history, and (realistic) dream car. So for me.

I am lucky that my first car is my current car so:

Current and first: Mazda RX-8

History: Work in progress.

Dream car: A Porsche Cayman or BMW M3 would be nice.

Comment

Current (hopefully only until March-ish next year): Toyota Avensis T3X (56)

Previous (in reverse order): BMW 130i M Sport (55), BMW 120d SE (56), SEAT Ibizia FR (56), Porsche Boxster (55), BMW Z4 3.0 (55), Skoda Fabia vRS (55), BMW Z4 2.5 (55), BMW 116i SE (55), Citroen Saxo (V).

Dream car.... lets aim for the skies. Veyron. Failing that a Ferrari F430. Realistically though a CLS 63 AMG (which I've already been in touch with dealers about )

I go through phases of worrying about service/petrol costs, hence the up/down nature of my purchases. Current purchase was because we had a child so needed something with a slightly more forgiving suspension.
                                Last edited by ChrisF; 25-11-2008, 11:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X