No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they reduce the price of the touch and add some physical buttons (or do something to make it possible to use blind) I'm buying one.

Comment

The Apple store has been taken down in preparation of the update ....

Comment

4th gen nano confirmed and looks just like the leaked pics so far, classic now 120GB and only available in this capacity. The touch is apparently now thinner, has a volume control, in-built speaker and supports Nike+.

Oh, the event is called 'iPod let's rock' or something **** so it's unlikely there'll be any MacBook/tablet announcements.

Comment

Wasn't the last classic 160GB or did I imagine that?

Comment

Yeah, that's discontinued for being too fat, so now only the thin 120GB model will exist

Comment

They've updated the store with a "One Size Fits All" tag for the new 120GB model even though they still list it as up to 160GB and they have it listed as from £159:00 even though its £179.

New colours for it too but I'm guessing my dream +300GB model isn't going to happen this year.

One word: Capacity.

With 120GB of storage and up to 36 hours music playback,2 iPod classic lets you enjoy up to 30,000 songs or 150 hours of video — or a combination — wherever you go.3

A Genius in the house.

With just a few clicks, the new Genius feature creates a playlist of tracks in your library that go great together.

Enjoy the view.

With Cover Flow, you can browse through your music collection by flipping through album art. Select an album to turn it over and see the track list.

Classic beauty.

Beautiful, durable, and sleek, iPod classic features an anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel enclosure with rounded edges. Choose quintessential silver or striking new black.
              More about iPod classic

Should point out that there are a few new listings for iPods now.

Comment

Store has been updated with new pics and prices already

Shop the latest Apple products, accessories and offers. Get shopping help, flexible payment and delivery options.

Good updates for the touch, and a few quid off the prices, can't grumble at that

EDIT: beaten to it by John.

Comment

And the Touch doesn't get a capacity upgrade. That's a little disappointing, you know, capacity-wise.

Comment

Have they made any other changes to the Classic range other than the size (and price)? I'd rather a 160gb for £200 then a 120gb for £180, unless there is something more to persuade me towards a newer 120gb.

Comment

This new Genius playlist sounds interesting. Anyone know if therell be an update for the iPhone to support this?

Edit: Scrap that, itll be supported according to Gizmodo.
                      Last edited by HaHaUK; 09-09-2008, 20:19.

Comment

Steve seemed less than his usual self. He is poorly in some way surely as the event lacked a certain spark I think. The fact that most was leaked before didn't help either.

And one more thing. Now that Apple have dropped the iconic iPod white (for now) why not match the nano headphones to the unit colour? An inventory nightmare maybe but it would look fabulous. Also I think the Genius playlist in iTunes 8 is genius actually. Nice feature.
                        Last edited by Richard.John; 10-09-2008, 06:20.

Comment

Wait, the physical controls on the touch are just for volume, not track skipping?

That's a massive fail. I skip tracks far more often than I adjust volume.

Comment

They are for volume control only yes. No doubt someone will find a way to alter their use in time, but you'll probably need a hacked Touch to benefit.

Comment

Gizmodo have put up detailed new Nano & Touch reviews (with pics) already

Nano
                              Apple's decision to transition from the fat third-generation iPod nano to the new svelte fourth-generation iPod nano must have been an easy one. The latest version has the same size screen, the same 8 and 16GB storage and the same video support as before, but adds a much more comfortable (sorta) oval shape, a curved…

Touch
                              The second iteration of the iPod touch equals or improves upon its predecessor in almost every physical facet. Slimmer, lighter and more functional, the v.2 also gets new volume control buttons, full Nike+ integration and a built-in loudspeaker. It's not a radical change, but it's better.

Comment

For all those people who want track skipping and the ability to pause the Touch without looking at the unit, can't you use some iphone headphones? It has a button on the cord for answering calls, but it also skips tracks and pauses music whilst the phone isn't in use. I assume this will also work with the Touch.

Damn handy I find. There are a few alternatives around for those (like me) who hate the standard apple headphones. Shure even make an extension with the button on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X