No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Genius playlist thing in iTunes 8 is bizarrely good. It claims to find tracks that go together just based on one song and, bloody hell, it does exactly that. I've been challenging it for the last half hour and it can get a good 25 track playlist that all fits nicely together almost every time. The only time it failed me was on japanese vgm.

Comment

Had a play with a new nano toady it's lovely. I think in years to come, the 3rd gen will be seen as the black sheep of the nano line as it now looks horrible when next to the new device. Me wants a purple one.

Comment

I wonder what happens to the outdated generation models of the nano and touch? Do retailers just make a loss on them? Surely Apple must take back the old stock.

Comment

Think most stores have been running down stock for weeks. eg ebuyer, Argos and Comet (iirc) had already labelled tham as out of stock before the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
            Had a play with a new nano toady it's lovely. I think in years to come, the 3rd gen will be seen as the black sheep of the nano line as it now looks horrible when next to the new device. Me wants a purple one.
            3rd gen Nano is more pocketable though. Also I've heard the metal edges of the new nano are pretty sharp. I tend to put my 1st gen nano in the pocket with my phone ??

Comment

Like the look of the new Nano. Have the new iTunes and the Genius sidebar is surprisingly good.

Comment

Just picked up a new red nano - it's tiny.

I was going to get a refurb 3G, but for an extra 15 quid, thought I might as well get the new one.

It's very nice....

Comment

One event finishes and rumours of the next start

Yesterday's new iPods were lovely and all, but if you're like me, you wanted something more. Like some notebooks. Not to worry, Daring Fireball's John Gruber says according to the standard "sources familiar with Apple's hardware plans" that its "Let's MacBook" event will happen on Oct. 14. While he doesn't get…

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post

Just

Comment

It's all rumour/speculation remember ! don't shoot the messenger and all that.

Comment

Would be very surprised if they announce a Mac tablet before Macworld now in January. That is the event in which they always launch big new new products (e.g. iPhone 2007, MB Air 2008). If there's going to be a Mac focussed event in October it will be for updates to the existing Mac line-up. Macbook, Macbook Pro's and even the Air are in need of a refresh. The 120GB drive in the new iPod classic will fit perfectly in the Air.

Comment

But if they update the MBs now in October, will they update them again in January? Or is that event just for revealing new products?

Comment

Either way, I would buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                              But if they update the MBs now in October, will they update them again in January? Or is that event just for revealing new products?
                              Not again in January no. Macbooks will probably be updated in the next few weeks. Average lifespan between updates of a Mac notebook is around 190 days. The current Macbooks & Macbook Pro's have been available for 199 days and the Macbook Air for 241 days. Updates are imminent. If there's not another press event they'll just issue a press release and update the store.

Comment

The more I look at the new nano I get the feeling that Apple is admitting that they made a mistake with the 3rd gen, almost as though the new one should have been the one they brought to market one year ago. I mean it's basically a wide screen 2nd gen, and doesn't really offer anything, hardware wise, over the 3rd gen.

Also thin versus fat preys upon human perceptions of beauty I feel. The camera doesn't lie.... in my humble opinion of course.

Last edited by Richard.John; 13-09-2008, 03:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X