Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, is the announcement 5pm UK time?
    I need to know as I'm on my way to the airport to go on holiday at that time!!

For me, I really hope they announc that budget 8GB iphone 4. That would be fantastic for me and my budget and hopefully I can buy it on my hols too...

Comment

Starts 6pm uk time

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
        Starts 6pm uk time
        Thanks for that!

I really look forward to these apple events - It's like christmas has come!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
          So nobody cares about the Apple conference today? iPhone 4S and possibly iPhone 5 to be revealed? My 3GS is falling to bits so I need a new phone.
          My home button is going so am hoping this will bring down the prices on the older ones, particularly as I am on the look out for a new contract.

So yes, I care!

Comment

All the phone shops are doing 3GS' at crazy prices to quickly **** stock.
            Looks like we may only see the iPhone 4s with its fancy A5 processor and voice command stuff along with the same improved aerials from the CDMA models.

S is for signal

Edit
            Apple spellcheck would rather say **** that shift
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-10-2011, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              All the phone shops are doing 3GS' at crazy prices to quickly **** stock.
              ****ting stock? Sounds painful

Haven't been following the rumours properly but I'd like to see a new Apple TV sometime soon, one that can display 1080P video. I've only had my iPhone 4 for a year so I'm in no hurry to change it yet.

Comment

Will be disappointed if Apple just release an Iphone 4s after 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I care. But only if it's 64GB. I have been holding out for the next iPhone model since it first launched. Maybe this will finally be the one?
                  I facebook 'like' this comment above... took the words right out of my soup drinking mouth right now... After so many years waiting for a 60+ gig iphone, i can FINALLY jump on the bandwagon...

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
                    Apple are so big right now, they dont have to release bleeding edge tech. Either way, it'll still sell like hotcakes. Wasnt it a similar situation with the 3gs? Cant remember now.

Im waiting on the Nexus Prime, my last 2 phones were the Nexus One and Nexus S and they've been the best handsets I've ever possessed . . . (and I've owned A LOT of phones in my time)

Comment

Me too!! I've hung on in there for what seems like an age with my 3GS after not liking the "feel" of the 4. If they only launch a 4s which is just faster and has a better camera I'll probably stick with my "happily chuck it in my pocket / sports bag with my change n keys" 3 and save the ?500 odd quid that I've got to one side for them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        Apple are so big right now, they dont have to release bleeding edge tech. Either way, it'll still sell like hotcakes. Wasnt it a similar situation with the 3gs? Cant remember now.

Im waiting on the Nexus Prime, my last 2 phones were the Nexus One and Nexus S and they've been the best handsets I've ever possessed . . . (and I've owned A LOT of phones in my time)
                        True that. They can release any old pish today and people will be queuing for it . But I feel the gap is now closing and the Android market is getting closer.

I like the look of the Samsung Galaxy note, I know some people might not like the 5.3 inch screen. But there are quite a few decent phones coming out in the next few months and I feel like the above poster that a slightly better camera and just a bit faster will not do for me.

Comment

I reckon Apple are waiting til they can give us a hybrid retina / colour eInk screen on a phone. That's what I want from a phone anyway

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                            I reckon Apple are waiting til they can give us a hybrid retina / colour eInk screen on a phone. That's what I want from a phone anyway
                            More chance of an Amazon/Samsung collab creating that than Apple IMHO. Unless you're prepared to wait a few years for Apple . . . .

Comment

Whoever makes it wins! At least until Apple release something that does it the way everyone wishes the first lot of guys had done it!

Comment

Why because the IPhone 5 was going to give you X-ray vision?

You can expect a game changer every year, you'll get a faster version of an already well specced phone , along with some features such as the nuance powered voice recognition which are apparently exclusive to the 4S. I'd expect the obligatory camera upgrade and more storage options.

Comment

Working...
                                X