No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you even put a bigger screen without making the handset bigger?

iPhone 5 will have a screen that wraps around, like those shades you used to be able to get by sending tokens in from Smarties.

Comment

I dunno, there's a lot of wasted space on the front. Possibly removing the home button? Is it really necessary?

I was just expecting to be surprised and amazed. But it's just a bit meh. I'll be all fanboyish about it soon no doubt though.

Comment

Well at least if I get a 4 I won't have to get a new sat nav dock.

The powerful iphone will really kick more games devs into crazy gear

Comment

I've been towing the line with lowe spec phones for a while now and I'm up for renewal in January so with the new pricing structures I might plump for the minimum spec version to be done with it. As for the announcements, 4S/5 hell even if it was iphone 7, doesn't make a big difference to me. It's all crappy features hardly anyone uses.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Me: What time is it?
            iPhone: "Calling 20 228... etc"

fail.
            I know exactly how you feel, the iPhone just does not understand my broad Lanacastrian accent at all... I'm lucky if I can get it to respond to any of my commands unless I speak.... really.... slowwwllllyyyyyy...

still my 3gs contract ends 1st November so i'm on board and Siri better play ball!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              "what time is it?"
              Ok got it to work, just had to speak slowly, and I don't even have an accent (well, you know what I mean...)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  Ditto :-(

Comment

A sad day for not only Apple but the world in general.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      No , honestly it is truly truly slick. If you have an Idevice, download dragon dictation, it's free, that is the same engine that powers siri.
                      Slick? For me it never understands what I say. 99% of the time it will get some of the message I speak written down incorrectly whether I speak slower, more clearly etc... just epic fail in my usage time. I dont know whether its my welsh accent (which isnt actually that strong since I moved country) or just the application it seems terrible.

It is actually faster for my to type it in... I guess there is the harshest of reviews.

Also.. edit. Just seen the Steve Jobs news. Very sad and uncanny timing? I guess we knew it was coming at some point but either way a true shock. R.I.P.

Comment

How very sad. A great man, deserving of his own thread:

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Indeed RIP

Im tempted to order an iphone 4s, i need it sim free pay as you go, but i want to have internet data usuage on a plan i top up about ?10 every month or 2 im currently using an O2 bolt on,

Is ?499 the cheapest you can get the iphone 4s? and it only going to be sold from the site ?

cheers

Comment

?499 is the cheapest for an unlocked one, you may be able to get one on a PAYG type deal at some point for a few pounds less.

Comment

Working...
                            X